Pivotal Commware develops 5G communications platforms, systems and applications based on Holographic Beam Forming® , a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. HBF allows Pivotal to create software-defined antennas that can harness, shape and direct radio waves with order-of magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in cost, size, weight and power consumption (C-SWaP). HBF enables mobile network operators to maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal™.
Pivotal Commware is seeking a Technical Product Manager to define and drive product and platform strategy for product line development, product promotion and product life cycle. This role will be responsible for introducing and developing new product line(s) while working closely with a small group of scientists, engineers and business leaders in a start-up environment.
We are looking for someone with previous experience introducing wireless network centric products into the market. In addition, the candidate should be skilled in project planning, budget and schedule management, written and verbal communication. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to think creatively and to operate within a flexible, rapid development program dedicated to expanding Pivotal’s market and mindshare.
• Introduce and manage RF product line in multiple business markets including product and platform strategy and definition, product line extension, NPI, market analysis, customer engagement, forecasting, sales enablement, product promotion and product life cycle
• Manage full product release from product concept to market release including technical requirement definition, project trade-off decisions, function and feature definition, value-based pricing strategy and marketing release processes
• Drive definition and internal and external communication of product line strategy as well as product exploration R&D in target business markets
• Enable sales, providing both technical and relationship management to facilitate customer success through customer visits
• Conduct mutually beneficial customer technical engagement programs, creating greater market insights for future product development decisions
• Head cross-functional team communication and development of new strategic plans for targeted corporate initiatives
• Create and deliver sales enablement collateral including in-person product training, product demonstrations, instructional videos, customer facing presentations and technical learning material
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
• 10+ years of experience with wireless / RF products as a Technical Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager, RF Engineer, Electrical Engineer or related title
• 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer or related technical role
• Solid understanding of product lifecycle management stages and processes with the ability to craft, hone and manage how the company handles the product management function
• Ability to understand and relay technical information to customers, engineering teams and marketing colleagues
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills to interact with customers and internal teams
• Strong leadership skills to be able to influence others and drive consensus of conflicting priorities
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Proficient in presenting to various business audiences as needed
• Master’s degree and/or MBA
• 15 years of experience with wireless/RF products as a Technical Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager, RF Engineer, Electrical Engineer or related title
• Hands on bench experience in RF and antenna design, applications or manufacturing
• Experience working with major wireless mobile network operators
Read Full Job Description