Technical Program Manager
As an Outreach Technical Program Manager, you function as an expert in one or more areas of product capability. You deeply understand how users typically engage with features, how the front-end user experience is organized, and how the software is designed to support those functions. This role is responsible for delivering quality experiences to Outreach customers through development of new feature capabilities, optimization of performance and user experience, and relentless focus on quality, security and scale.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Break down epics – works with the product manager, UX and development team to align on initial MVP scope against a feature, and break the scope down into actionable user stories with acceptance criteria
- Prioritize the backlog - prioritizes team backlog, balancing progress against feature development with bug fixing and high value refactor work
- Communicate feature status - facilitates team planning and reports on estimated feature delivery milestones & dates
- Own quality - signs off that acceptance criteria in stories have been met and provides recommendation to PM on release readiness of overall feature
- Manage technical trade-offs - engages with development teams to understand the implications of one implementation approach over another, has the business and technical aptitude to create a strong recommendation on options, and can guide stakeholder conversations around trade-offs with confidence and clarity.
- Mitigate risk - create strategies for reducing risk and contingency planning.
- Coordinate response to escalations - runs point on coordination of resources necessary to resolve a high priority production issue, and provides clear communication to customer facing and exec teams on status
- Keep support teams in the know - provides the functional explanation of how to use new product features to Outreach support functions, using their preferred communication methods
- Project manage cross-functional efforts - when required, works with multiple team owners to align backlogs to meet a significant delivery milestone
- Lead from the side - supports the ability of teams to do their best work by providing the customer and business context necessary to build effective software solutions and facilitate an environment of continuous improvement
- Be the expert - function as the subject matter expert for an area of product capability, and provide internal or external consulting on feature capabilities and extensibility.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years professional experience, with 3+ years as a product owner or technical program manager
- Excellent communication skills
- Relentless advocate for a quality user experience
- Uses data and analytics to drive prioritization of features and success metrics
- Familiar with agile methodologies, including scrum and Kanban
- Experience partnering with UX/Design and engineering teams to create thin sliced solutions that deliver value
- Experience driving quarterly planning across one or more teams
- Reputation as an outstanding partner to engineering. Adept at unblocking teams to do their best work and articulating the business value of architectural initiatives.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is a positive leader in the face of change
- Previous experience managing data intensive products with security requirements
- Familiarity with administering A/B testing programs and interpreting results
- Familiarity using, administering or integrating into CRM solutions.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Unlimited PTO (and people actually use it!)
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Read Full Job Description