VP of Product
About the Role:
RealSelf is looking for a creative, forward-thinking VP of Product to join our leadership team. The VP of Product will be responsible for setting and executing the RealSelf product strategy and leading a team of product managers and user experience designers. RealSelf builds software for consumers as well as doctors and medical aesthetic providers, so this leader must become an expert on how both groups use the RealSelf product up close and personal, as well as master the complexities of the medical aesthetic industry.
This is a high-touch job that involves a lot of listening and collaboration inside and outside the company walls, as well as vision and conviction. Most importantly, the RealSelf VP of Product must be passionate about building software to fulfill the company mission of being the most trusted digital platform for self improvement and helping people make smart, confident decisions.
In this role you will:
- Oversee the 360-degree experience for consumers, doctors and providers so that all aspects of the product work together in a seamless, elegant and cohesive way.
- Partner with engineering, marketing, sales and analytics teams to get strategic alignment and execute efficiently.
- Work with engineering to build a world-class mobile team to create the next generation of the RealSelf product.
- Communicate early and often to ensure that the product team understands business priorities and high-level strategies, and how they fit into them.
- Set the bar for product quality while maintaining a culture of speed, rapid testing and optimization. Be an inspirational leader that can whip up a crowd and motivate others to give their best.
- Run well-designed experiments to learn continuously and rapidly how best to solve business problems and exploit opportunities.
- Develop new product ideas and data-driven insights that set RealSelf apart as a top technology innovator, create new revenue and growth opportunities and give RealSelf a strong advantage over would-be competitors.
- Stay in front of market and consumer trends that will inform short-term decisions as well as the vision for future product innovations.
- Develop innovative strategies to hire and retain top talent in this highly competitive market.
- Foster a culture of healthy debate and direct conversations while also demonstrating the ability to disagree and commit.
An extraordinary VP of Product candidate has:
- A proven track record of a mobile-first mentality, as well as expertise on building mobile, mobile app and desktop products that stand on their own as well as complement one another.
- 10+ years of consumer Internet product experience at a high growth business.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, and naturally inclined to continuously share information with the company.
- Experience with or the ability to ramp up quickly on the technologies that RealSelf uses, including elastic search and a native app ecosystem.
- BS or Master¹s degree in HCI, Computer Science, Engineering, or related.
RealSelf is a values and performance-driven team that shares a common purpose of achieving our mission of empowering people to make smart, confident self-improvement decisions. We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. Our office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their (well-behaved) dogs to work!
Millions of people from around the world visit RealSelf each month to browse patient reviews, before and after photos, and medical expert answers to discover which treatments and providers live up to their promise of being “Worth It.” RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.