Senior Analyst, Safety & Customer Care Analytics
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Safety & Customer Care (SCC) Analytics team is responsible for enabling end-to-end reporting and insights around our customers’ support experience with Lyft. We partner closely with Support Product and Operations stakeholders to empower leaders at all levels of the organization to make data-driven decisions aimed at creating a seamless and delightful support experience for Lyft’s community of drivers and riders.
As a Senior Analyst on the Safety & Customer Care (SCC) Analytics team, you’ll partner directly with cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities and design solutions for improving our customers’ support experience. You’ll leverage your analytical expertise to deliver actionable insights and recommendations to drive quality business decisions with customer-facing impact. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker and exceptional problem solver who can build strong relationships with different teams, and who is eager to serve as a leader within the broader Support organization to drive our business forward.
- Lead analytic support and act as thought partner for cross-functional Product and Operations stakeholders to influence business strategy and team roadmaps
- Develop frameworks and scalable processes to drive decision-making and prioritization
- Define the metrics used to measure the success of strategic initiatives and health of our support platform; build dashboards to track metrics over time
- Partner with Engineering teams to ensure we capture the data needed to understand system performance and consult on data infrastructure strategy
- Design A/B tests and execute analyses to evaluate the impact of new product features and operational improvements
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver data-driven insights and actionable recommendations for continuously improving the customer support experience
- Monitor and diagnose KPI performance and present findings to senior leadership
- 3+ years experience in management consulting, strategic data science/analytics roles in a technology company, or an equivalent analytical role in a high growth startup
- Strong proficiency in SQL and Google Sheets (Python is a plus) with ability to independently break down large datasets and synthesize inputs from multiple sources
- Experience using and administering data visualization tools such as Mode, Tableau, or Looker
- Ability to translate unstructured business problems into clearly defined requirements
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level business problems
- Familiarity with both advanced statistical methodologies and relational database concepts; modeling, experimentation, and ETL experience a plus
- Exceptional communication (listening, written, and oral) skills with the ability to present findings & recommendations targeted to the audience in question
- Demonstrates a process improvement mindset by creating systems, documentation & tools in order to drive long-term positive change
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and trust across functions and work collaboratively
- Resourceful and able to work autonomously and with minimal direct supervision
- Alignment with Lyft’s Guide to Making it Happen
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Starting in September 2023, this role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The expected range of pay for this position in the Seattle, WA area is $107,640 - 119,600. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.