Sr E-Commerce Analyst at Chewy (Bellevue, WA)
Chewy is looking for a E-Commerce Data Analyst to join our Healthcare Analytics Team. In this role, you will own critical initiatives to develop analytics tools and insights on website funnel metrics and customer behavior across multiple business verticals. You will partner with stakeholders across Technology, Product, Category Management and other functions to gather requirements which inform development of new self-serve analytics tools and drive enhancements to existing dashboards and data pipelines. Further, you will support deep dive analyses and site measurement to evaluate performance of tests which enhance features and customer experience.
In this role your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing new and efficient data visualizations which allow users to clearly extract insights on customer behavior, traffic trends, and funnel performance.
- Driving continuous improvement of the end user experience in our reporting environment by delivering enhancements along with promoting dashboard utilization through demos and training sessions
- Partnering with Enterprise Datawarehouse teams to ensure data pipelines are optimized for performance and deliver high quality and timely data
The ideal candidate will demonstrate exemplary skills in retrieving and analyzing data sets with millions of records and is highly proficient in SQL, Excel and Tableau. They will have proven experience creating metrics and dashboards using customer, marketing, ecommerce, and financial metrics. In addition to a strong analytics background, this individual will have the ability to apply data visualization techniques that present abstract and complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
What you'll do:
- Partner with analytics and data engineering teams to develop and QA new data tables and data sources across multiple platforms
- Support the development and creation of insightful and intuitive Tableau dashboards using multiple data sources, parameters, and measures
- Partner with business leaders and report end-users to continuously improve the Tableau experience and ensure that KPI’s are both actionable and insightful
- Partner with other analytics team members on deep dive analyses and explaining trends of the business
- Partner cross-functionally to promote data governance standards in both Tableau and underlying data sources
- Develop and maintain reusable SQL scripts that can source multiple business cases and reporting needs
- Perform complex analyses on customer behavior, marketing mix, and funnel performance by leveraging data sets with millions of records from multiple systems
- Partner with various analytics teams to scope and build scalable, self-service reporting for cross-functional stakeholders
- Partner with stakeholders to construct and prioritize product release roadmaps using JIRA, Confluence, and other workflow management and documentation tools
What you'll need:
- Proven experience in Marketing Science and Web Analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Segment, Adobe Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and UTM parameter implementation and tracking
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Information Management or a related degree with analytical emphasis
- Experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors to gather and validate functional requirements and translate to report design specifications.
- 2+ years of directly related work experience analyzing customer, marketing, and ecommerce data and building metrics decks and dynamic dashboards
- 3+ years of advanced tableau experience, including sourcing data directly from DBMS servers (Vertica, Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, etc), using complex table functions, dynamic filters and parameters, and optimizing end user experience through effective dashboard design
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in SQL, Excel, and statistics
- Strong understanding of website metrics, customer behavior, marketing, and ecommerce metrics
- Strong understanding of data warehousing and relational or columnar database structure
- High degree of proficiency executing complex and large-scale data analyses across millions of records
- Working understanding of Financial KPIs and P&L statement
- Proven experience delivering high quality results on tight timelines
- Superior attention to detail and experience creating mechanisms to monitor data integrity
- Ability to operate in ambiguous environments with speed and commitment to quality
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Business Intelligence experience building tools in an Ecommerce, retail, product, or marketing setting
- Advanced technical skills using Python, R, Knime or other advanced analytics applications
- Masters or equivalent advanced academic degree
Compensation & Benefits:
Our salary range for a Senior Healthcare Data Analyst position is $95,500.00 - $152,500.00. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate’s relevant experience, education, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for 401k and a new hire and annual equity grant.
We offer different types of insurance, such as medical/Rx, vision, dental, life, disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, and accident. We offer parental leave, family services benefits, backup dependent care, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, pet adoption reimbursement, employee assistance program, and many discounts including 10% off pet insurance and 20% off at Chewy.com.
Non-exempt hourly team members accrue paid time off (PTO) while salaried-exempt team members have unlimited PTO, subject to manager approval. Non-exempt hourly team members in Fulfillment Centers and Customer Service are also eligible for additional unplanned unpaid time off (UTO). Team members will receive six paid holidays per year. Team members may be eligible for paid sick and family leave in compliance with applicable state and local regulations.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].