UX Researcher - Recruitment & Methodology Focus at Remitly (Seattle, WA)
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
At Remitly, we are passionate about building our products in the right way for users who span the globe. In this role, you will apply your research skills to improve usability for particular customer groups. You will assist senior researchers in research activities while owning core processes such as participant recruitment, novel methodology, and operational support. This position is ideal for someone with a foundational understanding of user experience research methodologies and a passion for growing their skillset.This position is based in our Seattle office.
- Manage the recruitment process for research participants, ensuring we have appropriate, representative participants for the research question(s) at hand.
- Develop and refine user research methodologies under the guidance of senior researchers, especially usability testing, interviews, and surveys.
- Improve and expand research methods, especially novel approaches that grow the team's core skillsets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, product management, and engineering, to integrate research findings into product development.
- Communicate research findings clearly and effectively to stakeholders at all levels.
- 3+ years experience conducting applied research using an array of user research tools and software, particularly for quantitative usability research.
- Expertise in scoping, designing, and conducting end-to-end usability-related research projects of varying length and complexity.
- Proficiency at organizing logistics, working collaboratively and autonomously, and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience conducting research across cultures, such as immigrant populations and users outside of the US.
- Proficiency in English and the ability to create tests and run and analyze them in another language; our priority language is Spanish. We will also consider experience conducting research with Spanish-speaking populations in Spanish using interpreters or other workarounds.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in human-computer interaction or social sciences.
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $84,200 to $94,725. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.