First Mode develops and manufactures decarbonization solutions for heavy industry partners dedicated to the clean energy future — for people and planet.
Our team is creative and passionate, with a range of experiences and capabilities. If you want to create a cleaner, more sustainable world, we'd love your help.
First Mode is seeking an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for the key accounting operations processes such as accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, leases, inventory, and other asset / liability accounts. Contribute to finance projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function
Management of Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Day to day management of the accounts payable team for all entities.
- Responsible for month and year end close of the payable and receivable subledgers.
- Ensure monthly customer billings are prepare in accordance with contracts, reviewed by appropriate personnel and timely submission to customer.
- Day to day management of the general ledger including monthly reconciliation for all legal entity balance sheet accounts.
- Research reconciling differences and propose adjustments and corrective action as necessary.
- Assist with tax compliance and audit (internal and external) requirements.
Safeguarding of Fixed Assets
- Management of fixed asset listing including additions, retirements, and monthly depreciation calculation.
- Assist with implementation of fixed asset module in company ERP.
- Reconcile existing fixed asset ledger with a physical inventory.
- Contribute to design of companywide process for tagging and tracking new assets.
Inventory valuation and cost analysis
- Participate in the integration of the new manufacturing sub-ledger (PLEX) to the accounting system (Sage)
- Analyze and explain variances in the purchase price (PPV) account, working with key stakeholders to understand standard costs used.
- Support the continuous improvement of inventory management and controls implementation processes.
- Certified public accountant or equivalent with post qualification experience.
- Experience in global business and multiple legal entity environment.
- Familiarity with applicable local compliance and regulatory requirements.
- 4-5 years of experience in relevant roles, transactional or closing process.
- Strong interpersonal skills – comfortable working with people at different levels in the organization.
- Comfortable with business travel to various local and global destinations
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range:
Accounting Manager I: $125,550 - $145,125
Accounting Manager II: $159,030 - $183,825
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.