Business Controls Reporting & Analytics Lead
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we're at the forefront. We're proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people's lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The First Line of Defense (1LOD) Business Controls team assumes the role of a facilitator and advisor to business process owners, guiding them in understanding the correlation between effective risk management and operational efficiencies. Our objective is to foster a comprehensive comprehension of risk considerations that drive resilience and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In alignment with the overarching priorities of our company, we contribute significantly to maintaining a safe and sound operational environment. Furthermore, we actively participate in the evaluation and assessment of risk factors to support strategic decision-making. Simultaneously, we support the strategic advancement of scalable initiatives in people, processes, and technology.
The Business Control Testing (BCT) team is responsible for executing control testing activities to evaluate the effectiveness of SoFi's Internal Controls. If you possess a commitment to meticulous risk oversight, regulatory adherence, and a keen interest in the evaluation and assessment of risk landscapes, we invite you to consider this opportunity within our team.
SoFi is seeking a BCT Reporting & Analytics Lead within the 1LOD Business Controls, reporting to the Head of Business Control Testing & Reporting. You will play a pivotal role in advancing risk management and reporting through strategic data analytics. This position offers a unique opportunity for you to contribute to the evolution of risk practices within the organization, supporting the identification, assessment, and testing of controls, as well as assisting in special projects, as necessary. This is a hands-on, creative role on a growing team with a vast opportunity to further expand the functions capabilities, efficiency, and effectiveness. You will also help establish or update inventories, taxonomies, workflows/ processes, etc. to support and drive consistent risk management activities.
What you'll do:
- Develop and execute data analytics and reporting routines aligning with key risk programs such as Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Issue Management, and Operational Risk Events.
- Design, develop, and implement a robust reporting framework for control testing activities to provide comprehensive insights into the effectiveness of controls and related risk programs.
- Implement and maintain data analytics processes for 1LOD risk management execution, continuous monitoring, and reporting, integrating insights from various risk programs.
- Proactively establish connections with key data owners to enhance metadata understanding and the effective execution of risk programs.
- Build and maintain the risk dashboard as a dynamic tool providing risk intelligence and insights into the overall health of the business and routine reporting, ensuring compatibility with various 1LOD risk programs.
- Establish efficient and automated methods to analyze large volumes of data, identifying outliers, anomalies, patterns, and trends to evaluate control design and effectiveness, considering the context of risk programs.
- Identify, design, and develop data extract techniques to support 1LOD risk management and testing activities within Business Controls, and drive enhancements in operational efficiency, and ensuring seamless integration.
- Collaborating with the risk partners, and business/functional area management to identify appropriate data sources for analytics and support various risk programs.
- Automate control testing processes and develop techniques for continuous monitoring, enabling the analysis of large data volumes within the context of risk programs.
- Define how automation and continuous monitoring fit into the overall workflow of Business Controls, including risk assessment, testing, and reporting, addressing the unique requirements of risk programs.
- Support talent upskilling efforts within Business Controls, enabling team members to enhance their data analytics competencies, with a focus on skills relevant to risk programs.
- Produce regularly scheduled or ad-hoc reports to communicate progress and assess the effectiveness of the Business Controls program, incorporating insights from risk programs.
- Partner with peers in compliance, SOX, 2LOD, and internal audit to align data analytics efforts with broader risk management objectives to ensure we are continuously improving and integrating insights.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor in a quantitative or related field (e.g., Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, etc.); Master of Science in Information Technology degree a plus.
- 8-12 years of experience in risk management in financial services, technology, and/or banking operating environments.
- Experience in collecting diverse data points from multiple sources, (i.e. data warehouses, systems, tools) and crafting reporting packages presented to company Board of Directors and senior management.
- Experience in the financial services or FinTech industry.
- Experience with business analytics, report creation, data validation, key performance indicators, metrics, and data warehousing.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance standards.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills and prior experience leveraging large and complex datasets for driving business decisions.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL, SAS, BI/Reporting Platforms: SAS, R, Python, Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, SSRS, Business Objects, Databricks and Alation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, build strong relationships, and ability to influence at different levels.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of regulatory compliance and industry best practices to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to balance multiple critical priorities simultaneously.
Compensation and Benefits
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate's experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi page!
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The Company hires the best qualified candidate for the job, without regard to protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected].
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.