Content Product Producer at Expedia Group
Do you like puzzles? How about learning new applications? Have an acute attention to detail? Would you like to work in the burgeoning field on Natural Language Generation (NLG)? In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to spend your days on linguistic configuration of Expedia’s propriety NLG content solution to craft products for brand partners across the whole of Expedia Group. The nature of the work is akin to coding – instead of a coding language you will be using proprietary technology to deconstruct, rearrange, and apply conditions to English. The result will end up being seamless descriptions of destinations, lodging accommodations, and activities that will be read by customers across multiple brands, geographies, and languages. And you'd be joining a great team!Who You Are:
- You love language and have excellent copywriting and editing skills
- You have excellent communication skills
- You deal well with ambiguity and change within a dynamic environment
- You are self-organizing
- You are analytically minded and have good problem-solving ability.
- Aptitude for data analysis: Excel, basic concepts of SQL and ideally a practical knowledge of databases
- Ideally, you have experience manipulating data in Excel, dashboarding tools such as Tableau, or you have an interest and desire to learn other tools or coding languages
- Experience working with a CMS preferred
- Some SEO experience is preferable
- Some coding experience a plus
- Experience working in technology/ecommerce a plusWhat You Will Do:
- You will build text-based content products in a proprietary content assembly tool
- You will collaborate with the Localization team to ensure premier localization
- You will be working on maintaining integrity of data through analysis and cleanup
- You will be involved in training, documentation, UAT of new tech features, QA of peer work, and other responsibilities
- You will partner with business and technology teams to ensure stable and accurate meaning of data points through cycle of collection, storage, maintenance, assembly, and deployment
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.