Content Strategist II at Expedia Group
Are you a versatile content strategist who gets excited about solving challenging customer service problems at enterprise scale? Do you want to use your skills to help travelers and agents get quick, useful answers to their questions? Do you thrive when handling ambiguity and change? Then let's talk about this opportunity to join the Global Customer Operations Content Strategy Team at Expedia Group!
We would love to see an example of your expertise, style and creativity.
Please provide a link to your portfolio or attach samples, as applications without portfolios will not be considered.
We're redefining our customer service experiences with state-of-the art artificial intelligence and machine learning in mind. We put the customer first and use data to drive our decisions. As part of our team, you'll partner across disciplines (UX Designers, Product Managers, Engineering, and others) to co-create simple, intuitive, useful, and cohesive product experiences and narratives that are context-aware, human, and delightful. You'll define content (for chat bots, knowledge base, email, and more) for end-to-end customer service journeys and different audiences, that helps users get the right help information at the right time. You'll solve for the presentation of product content in the experience, as well as the structure that delivers that product content.You’re aligned to this role if:
- You’re a blend of storyteller, UX writer, and content designer
- You know how to identify user needs and find the right content to meet those needs
- You use logic, data, research, and empathy for your user to inform your choices and can back up your recommendations with solid reasoning
- You love competitive analysis and are enthusiastic about creating cohesive content strategies
- You live and breathe everything content strategy and love technology
- You're immersed in UX and UX process: you aren’t looking for an editorial content creation, social media strategy, or content marketing role
- You're nimble: you pivot quickly when priorities shift, or requirements change
- You're a strong communicator and understand the role content plays in design
- You advocate for solutions that balance the needs of customers with business objectives
- You have an eye for details and know the difference between good and bad content
- You're biased to action, able to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
- You're an excellent project manager: you stay on top of your deliverables and get things done
- Work reciprocally with fellow content strategists as well as designers, engineers, product managers, and many others to conceptualize content-focused experiences and bring your work to life
- Assess competitor content and user experiences for content coverage, quality, gaps, and emerging industry and content trends
- Identify content needs and gaps across multiple stages of the user journey, and create content to address those gaps
- Write clear and consistent product content — everything from customer service flows to traveler- and agent-facing help topics, error messages, and notifications
- Communicate your findings, recommendations, and content specifications through user scenarios, presentations, comps, prototypes, and style guides
- Describe and present your methods, explorations, and rationale along with a recommendation to varied audiences
- Lean on industry standards and trusted methodologies but still experiment
- A portfolio or link with representation of your work, attached to your application
- More than 5 years professional experience with content strategy for large enterprise web sites or applications, especially consumer-facing interfaces
- Understanding of the development, sourcing, and governance of both structured and unstructured content types
- Knowledge of mobile first and responsive content strategies
- Experience writing and revising content for the user interface
- Experience working in Content Management Systems
- Experience with localization and writing for a global audience
- Experience with the UX lexicon and working in the UX design process
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field — English, Communications, Linguistics, HCI, Design
- Customer service and SEO experience are a plus.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
*LI-CW1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.