Director of Content at Symbl.ai
$130k – $180k
We are unlocking the potential of conversation with deep tech Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
You build and scale global content strategy. You are technical and geek out on writing for techies. You leverage relevant content to develop a unique voice for Symbl.ai to effectively engage with developers and product managers. You elevate engagement across all marketing channels. You build strategic content roadmaps, scale production, and objectively measure the impact content has on business.
What you'll do:
- Develop a unique brand voice
- Design, execute, and measure the effectiveness of a marketing content strategies
- Own all content mediums and channels, including: website, blog, videos, sales collateral, and collaborate with owners of social, press releases, and more
- Collaborate closely with the product, engineering, and sales team to define content objectives, build roadmaps, and scale content production
- Work closely with campaign managers and developer relations advocates on develop content for SEO, developer engagement, nurturing campaigns and sales enablement
- Uncover and leverage new content channels and tactics to increase engagement
- Monitor, analyze, and report on KPIs to ensure progress towards marketing and business objectives
- Manage external writers, contractors, and content contributors as you build your team to scale in-house the content engine
Who you are
- Customer (Developer) Obsessed - everything you do is driven by providing the best possible experience to our customers and users
- Innovative - you’re obsessed with leveraging emerging trends and tactics to drive growth.
- Data-driven - you are passionate about objectively measuring your efforts and only making decisions based on data
- Collaborative - you love working with others and incorporating relevant feedback
- Possess an owner mentality - you take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get them to completion.
- Adaptable - you are calm and effective under pressure and able to quickly pivot. You excel at task prioritization and proper evaluation of situational urgency
- Focused - you know what matters and apply yourself with gusto, continuously exploring how much faster you can learn and execute.
Why we want to meet you
- 6+ years in a marketing content manager, marketing, technical-writer, or relevant role
- Successful track record in producing content and/or content strategies with measurable impact
- Produced developer-centric content
- You have a natural intuition for the type of content that will drive effective and relevant engagement on social and digital channels
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate new projects and initiatives, complete with objectives, requirements, risks and success metrics
- Exceptional written communication skills
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices, measurement tools and web analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, or other relevant disciplines
- Experience working in a startup, producing content for API developers and/or the AI space is a plus
What we do
- We enable builders to quickly and easily deploy Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Conversation Intelligence (Conversation AI) enables computers to understand, process, and respond to natural, everyday human conversations. We provide deep tech AI/ML developer tools. Our proprietary patented contextual understanding engine powers real-time and post communication innovations in developer products.
- We move fast, stay aligned, and prioritize connection and growth.
Why you want to meet us
- We are solving the hardest problems of human conversation by building novel and deep tech AI/ML.
- You will have the agency to solve difficult problems creatively, the freedom to explore work that inspires you, and the infrastructure to ensure you’re constantly developing.
- Our culture creates a high-energy and supportive environment with a multitude of growth opportunities, the chance to make your mark, and a team of exceptional colleagues.
Who we are
- We are a fast-growing, early-stage venture-backed startup.
- We are an internationally distributed, multicultural team of smart, humble, and driven innovators who are constantly leveling up personally and professionally.
- We are alumni of Agora, AWS, Goldman Sachs, Postman, Techstars,and Twillio.
- We are curious, tenacious, and resilient. We champion diversity and strive to create conditions that provide everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
Location and hours
- We are a distributed team with centers of gravity in Seattle, Washington and Pune, India. Our intentions for a post-pandemic world are to operate on a flexible hybrid model.
- Considering the ‘current normal’/ uncertain times we are in there is geographical flexibility with the understanding that you will relocate to the Seattle area when it makes sense.
- We embrace work-life integration aiming to unify our work, responsibilities, relationships, and leisures into meaningful and well-lived days. Our culture is one of self-accountability. You are trusted to determine how and when you do your best work.
- You will work on a team with passionate individuals from around the globe. Collaboration at Symbl.ai regularly requires a flexible schedule.
- ASAP but flexible for the right candidate
Compensation, Perks, and Differentiators:
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education
- Equity and performance-based pay options
- As our company evolves, so do our benefits. We’re actively innovating how we support our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Symbl.ai. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.