Available Office Locations
Golden, CO / Tacoma, WA
About the Job
IllFonic is seeking an experienced Lead Animator to join our team on our next great title for PC and consoles.
This job requires an adept animator with an extensive history animating different types of characters, through both key frame and motion capture. As Lead Animator, you will work with Art and Creative directors to lead the animation team through the various stages of the game’s design. Applicants must have good communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a collaborative development environment.
- Manage the animation team while keeping them on track and motivated
- Through feedback, mentoring, and critiques, maintain consistency of team’s deliverables.
- Communicate efficiently, take notes when necessary, and work well under tight deadlines
- While following the projects defined style, aid in the creation of key frame animations as well as work with motion capture data for in-game assets.
- Work with programmers, artists and designers to advance the implementation of animations into the game while ensuring they translate properly into the real-time environment.
- Will work closely with Technical Animators troubleshoot and problem solve.
- A strong portfolio showing a broad background in animation,
- The ability to create realistic, stylized, and mechanical animations (such as weapons)
- Experience working with motion capture data as well as hand keyed animation.
- Experience working with animation systems in Unreal Engine 4
- A firm understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
- Practical knowledge of current 3D software (Maya and Motion builder)
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- 6+ years professional experience
- Passion for playing and creating games
- Prior experience leading a team of animators
- Self-driven with strong communication skills
- At least 2 shipped titles
- Proven experience working closely with many other disciplines as well as being a team player