Hello, we're IllFonic
Founded in 2007, IllFonic is an independent video game developer with studios in Golden, Colorado and Tacoma, Washington. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Past titles and collaborations include Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, and more.
An Insider's view of IllFonic
How would you describe the company’s work-life balance?
IllFonic is great for having a real balance between work and life. The sense of community here along with the group goal of avoiding major crunch helps everyone accomplish what needs to be done. Working with fun, creative people who are all passionate about what they do helps considerably.
What does your typical day look like?
IllFonic is a place where I am constantly fueled by the love of game development. Every day I come to work, I find myself surrounded by knowledge, experience, creativity, and inspirational passion. There isn't a day that goes by where I don’t learn something new and exciting from the many talented individuals who comprise this studio.
What makes someone successful on your team?
Production requires a deft touch from a helping hand. No system is perfect, but with a flexible approach and a good grasp of the development process, you can keep the plates spinning without sacrificing the well being of your team. A producer reports to the studio, but ultimately, they work for their team.
How do you empower your team to be more creative?
I enjoy spending time with my team and learning what they’re passionate about. When assigning new tasks, I look for opportunities for them to take on challenges that are in line with their creative interests and skills. I’m the happiest and the most creative when I get to do art that I’m excited about. I want people on my team to feel the same.
What’s the vibe like in the office?
It is always great being excited about your projects but it is even better when you are excited about the people you work with. Illfonic has managed to pull together an amazing group of people across 2 studio locations and I am happy to be working with all of them.
Prin. UI/UX Designer
Where we are
We are in the heart of downtown Tacoma. Easy walking to and from public transportation, local eats, and views of the Mt. Rainier and the sound.
- I come in early daily knowing what I do as an individual makes a difference to the team. I believe that everyone here feels that way about their contributions. Each and every one of us is contributing to the success of IllFonic in a meaningful way.TramellStudio Art Director
- When I was tasked to open the Tacoma studio I knew it would be amazing. We are in an area where tech is growing and there is an amazing pool of talent in this region. It has been exciting to watch the studio grow from 4 people to now nearly 30.JaredChief Creative Officer
- It always makes my job exciting to work with groups of people who are passionate about the projects they work on, and genuinely love what they do. It is also amazing when the quality of work is stellar. IllFonic is exactly that combination.ShannonDirector of Communications
- I joined IllFonic to work on amazing games, and to expand my own knowledge and skill. The team here is smart, passionate, and talented across the full range of game development disciplines.ChanceTechnical Director
Technology we use
- Unreal Engine 4Libraries
- Amazon Aurora DBDatabases
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
- 3D Max StudioDesign
- Z BrushDesign
- Substance PainterDesign
- Substance DesignerDesign
- Marvelous DesignerDesign