Senior Curriculum Developer, ITOM at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Job Title: Senior Curriculum Developer, ITOM
This position reports to: [Sr. Manager, ITOM/ITAM Curriculum Development]
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Explore the ServiceNow platform in-depth to determine how best to educate customers, partners, and employees in the use of the technology in a way that aligns with the product roadmap, customer needs, and compliance with best practices.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop course specifications, gather course content, and develop materials.
- Design, develop, and maintain technical course content (across multiple products) at a variety of expertise levels and roles for delivery via instructor-led, virtual, web-based, and recorded formats.
- Review feedback and refine course materials based on feedback to support instructor and learner needs.
- Develop and manage delta updates to courseware and marketing documentation to ensure up-to-date knowledge throughout each release of the ServiceNow platform.
- Provide coaching and assistance in the delivery of effective and sustainable training courseware and curriculum.
- Contribute exam materials, including scenarios, multiple-choice, and other item formats for use in testing ServiceNow platform knowledge.
- Manage instructional design projects from inception to completion, providing leadership, project coordination, and cross-functional collaboration with work teams throughout ServiceNow.
- Mentor department peers contribute to department standards and share knowledge to internal resources.
- Travel up to 20% (worldwide) per year.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
· 2-5 years hands-on experience with the ServiceNow platform.
· 2-5 years previous technical training/eLearning/instructional design experience.
- Experience in rapid development and quick turnaround of training deliverables.
- Knowledge and hands on experience implementing IT Operation Management (ITOM) solutions or similar preferred.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows Microsoft Server (RedHat and/or CentOS, Windows 2k).
- Experience with virtualized technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMWare vCenter, Hypervisor.
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing.
- Experience in with the following scripting languages: Unix Shell, Windows PowerShell.
- Utilize effective project management techniques to organize key release dates and milestones.
· Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Working knowledge of eLearning technologies, such as authoring tools (e.g. Articulate 360, Captivate) and design/development tools (e.g., SnagIt, Camtasia, ScreenFlow).
· Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and web conferencing applications (e.g. Zoom, WebEx).
· A high level of flexibility, creativity and dependability.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.