Senior Marketing Content Strategist and Copywriter at Expedia Group
Expedia Group's Customer Marketing Creative Team (CMCT) is looking for a Senior Content Strategist and Copywriter to play a critical role in our Content team. CMCT build innovate creative solutions for our merchandising, email, loyalty, and brand teams. We help inspire and motivate customers to travel with engaging, compelling, and impactful creative.
As a senior member of the team, you will help people go places by delivering useful, usable content solutions across multiple channels: site, app, email, social—basically throughout the customer marketing user experience. The content strategy discipline is growing and we need leaders who want to help grow the influence and practice across the organization.
Who You Are:
You’re perfect for this role if you’re a content strategy player coach who brings one or more of the following skills to the table: information architecture, storytelling, UX content strategy, information management, content designing, and UX writing. You are a skilled communicator who is good with words, and a strategist who can create, curate, edit, and align information. You’re also a systems-thinker who thinks about content organization and structure. You can lean on best practices and standards but you love to experiment and move quickly.
What You Will Do:
- Improve the messaging that millions of our customers worldwide interact with every single day, guided by the content strategy belief in providing the right message to the right user at the right time
- Leverage your content strategy excellence to craft marketing messaging and provide direction to stakeholders
- Evaluate competitive and innovative products, content, designs, and technology approaches to generate ideas and validate through testing
- Drive content strategy discipline-specific projects such as brand and standards development, editorial process, or team skill development
- Understand and promote usability best practices as they relate to online writing, including accessibility and search engine optimization
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of professional content strategy experience for large enterprise websites or applications, especially consumer-facing and transaction-focused interfaces
- Knowledge of mobile first and responsive content strategies
- Exceptional understanding of both marketing content and UX content
- Understanding of the development, sourcing, and governance of both structured and unstructured content types. We’re looking for someone who thinks of content as a system, developing and maintaining content standards as a way to influence both quality and efficiency for experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field - English, Communications, Journalism, HCI, design
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are global but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and join the travel industry, this is the job for you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.