Bellevue, WA, US, 98004 Los Angeles, CA, US, 90067
Date: Mar 17, 2021
Req ID: 2238
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery reaches viewers on all screens and services, from free-to-air and pay-TV channels, to digital streaming services, to social and mobile-first content. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing innovative and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to entertain and improve the lives of our customers.
Discovery is seeking an experienced Sr. Product Copywriter responsible for creating customer facing copy for the Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business for Magnolia, a joint venture partnership between Discovery, Inc. and Chip and Joanna Gaines. As Sr. Product Copywriter you will drive and deliver brand voice within the context of the user experiences. You will have special focus on on-boarding, acquisition and retention to expand our customer relationships and customer journeys. You will create unified product voice and campaigns that connect and resonate with consumers. The Sr. Product Copywriter will collaborate across the organization to inspire members of your team and colleagues to develop and deliver award-winning product and brand experiences people love.
• Provide hands-on leadership to align creative and product copy direction and deliverables
• Create and develop clear and compelling copy for UX and Product Experiences across our App, connected television and mobile web ecosystem
• Ensure all copy meets brand voice, network and digital product standards and guidelines
• Align work with overarching business and engagement goals to increase user satisfaction
• Partner with designers, data scientists, UX Design researchers and content strategists to produce cohesive and innovative experiences
• Inject brand-centric language into purchase and navigational messaging across platforms
• Encourage optimal viewer and subscriber engagement through tone, voice and messaging
• Represent the strategic intent of your work in cross-functional team meetings, presenting with clarity and helpfulness to a broad stakeholder group
• Lead & Manage large-scale, high-priority campaigns for our product and platform experiences.
• Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to teams and executives
• Design and maintain all Brand Language Systems, design copy and button/CTA Libraries, templates, mockups, user scenarios & flows and experience documentation
• BA Degree or higher in Writing, English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, and/or Product Design
• 5+ years of experience as Copywriter or Sr. Copywriter for products, brands and experiences
• Experience designing 10ft, VUI, Connected and Multi-Modal Product Design Systems required
• Deep knowledge and experience in Mobile, Living Room & Connected Product Environments
• Excellent Communication skills, including technical knowledge of syntax and grammar
• Strategic thinker who can identify and realize key user flows, human behaviors and language
• Fluent in branding, product functionality and user experience theories and practices
• Knowledge of emerging trends for digital products and cross-platform customer integrations
• Hands on experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
• Hands-on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Business, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Networks and Sales
• Understanding of SEO, metadata and app store optimization, copy and customer facing copy
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines
• Capable of driving and participating brainstorm sessions to ensure that customer centered with clear vision is implemented through Design Thinking Best Practices
• Proven track record with a variety of successful products delivered across multiple platforms, screens and ecosystems with experience in multiple brands, productions and operations
• Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and quality
• Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders
• Drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and proven track record to deliver compelling, innovative and award-winning user and product experiences
• High confidence working on complex multi-platform consumer focused product ecosystems
• Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are a BIG PLUSSES
• Strong product portfolio with a broad range Brand, Creative, & Product Messaging is a MUST
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]