Analytics Manager - Product Analytics at Expedia Group
Are you a passionate problem solver motivated in applying statistics, advanced analytics & testing methodologies to eCommerce optimization?
We are looking for an Analytics Manager to join our Global Product Analytics Team, supporting an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands. This role specifically will be partnering with our Expedia brand product managers. The goal for this role will be to support key business decisions throughout the product development life-cycle that enhances the user experience to drive bottom-line growth. This will involve uncovering customer friction points, hypothesis generation and prioritization, experimentation design, valid and impartial test analysis and recommendations.</span> <span>If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
What you’ll do:
- You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, data mining, and the presentation of data with a singular goal of profit maximization and with a focus on actionable analytics
- You will serve as a trusted partner, working collaboratively with various teams to perform analysis and provide insights, and maintain regular communication to update partners on progress made on projects
- You will present customer behavior insights, identify customer issues and business opportunities to the Product, Engineering, and UX teams to collaboratively build the best in class site for customers around the globe looking for plane tickets
- Actively engage with multiple departments across the organization, including Product, User Experience, Engineering, Data Science, Partner Services to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Work directly with business owners and technical specialists to design, plan, and analyze A/B and Multivariate tests
- Responsible for developing and communicating business requirements to data management team in order to operationalize reporting and automate recurring analyses
Who you are:
- 4+ years of work experience doing quantitative analysis to solve business problems
- A Bachelor’s degree in at least one science, technology, engineering or mathematics field
- A strong analytical mindset and skills, including the ability to break down complex scenarios into constituent parameters
- Experience with large data sets and proficient in SQL or other programming languages (R, Python)
- You are able to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner with partners
- Understanding of statistics and hypothesis testing (ex. Confidence Interval, Regressions, Time Series, Clustering, Factor Analysis)
- Experience applying visualization tools such as building Tableau reports
- Experience in web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics is a plus
- A sharp focus on getting results and insights using the most practical and fastest approach
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for making an impact along with strong attention to detail
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age. Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.