Analytics Manager at Expedia Group
At Expedia Group, we are passionate about using Data and Analytics to create an amazing travel experience and bring the world within reach. We are looking for an extraordinary individual to join the Expedia Retail Analytics team and generate powerful insights that will shape business growth. This is an opportunity to be a part of a fun, exciting and data-driven company and partner with global strategy and supply teams to design inspiring and actionable business plans, powered by quantitative insight.
Your primary focus will extend well beyond pulling the data and crunching the numbers. You will tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into relevant and actionable business insights. You will work with one of the strongest data sets in the travel industry, state of the art technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products.
If you’re passionate about using data to drive positive change as part of an all-star analytics team, this may be the role for you. Are you ready to embark on the journey?
What you'll do:
- You can distill large business questions into technical requirements and find answers in the data
- You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, data mining, and the presentation of data with a focus on actionable analytics.
- You will be comfortable combining varied big datasets from different sources to output insights, using SQL/R/Python/Excel/ Tableau or similar as appropriate
- You have excellent collaboration abilities with multiple departments across the wider business, including other Expedia Group brands, supply teams and strategy functions
- A trusted business partner who looks after numerous senior internal clients; prioritizing requests and handling expectations
- Use your strong communication and presentation skills to explain complex topics to non-technical audiences
- You will collaborate across multiple analytics teams (Product, Marketing, Retail, Supply, and other brands) across multiple locations and time-zones
- Be an active member of the analytics / data science community across Expedia Group – continuing to ensure Analytics is an excellent place to work
Who you are:
- You have extensive experience working in a role focused on business analytics, statistical modelling, data science or similar
- Experience translating big data into strategic and actionable business recommendations; driving end-to-end process through data extraction, analysis, insight, implementation and evaluation
- You are highly proficient in querying big data (SQL) and relating datasets through multiple tools (Hadoop, Qubole, Teradata, etc.)
- Programming: capability in R or Python is preferred
- You have a deep understanding of statistical methods and how to apply them
- You can appropriately visualize quantitative analyses for both presentations (e.g. PowerPoint) and reporting purposes (e.g. Tableau)
- You have experience in experimental design and A/B testing
- You possess a relevant degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering or similar is preferred
- Experience in e-commerce or travel industry is a bonus
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-BSTEWARDExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.