Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Position
At Assurance, we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world-class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our Commissions team, focused on building a world-class payments system. This role sits at the intersection between users, product, and engineering.
A dedicated problem solver. You embrace challenges, and stop at nothing to create solutions, whether they're short-term workarounds or more long-term process changes.
Passionate about the data. You possess the ability to self-serve, investigate, and utilize data - and you love leveraging that data to uncover root causes.
You’re an Owner. You don’t hesitate at the opportunity to take charge, you thrive on feedback, and your focus is on making an impact.
Customer-Centric. You actively consider the real-world experiences of our agent-users and the implications of product changes and improvements
Gritty. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different strategies and tracking the results.
A brilliant communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to end-users, or describing analysis to business leaders
A lover of process and optimization. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with processes and are willing and able to lead others in iterating and executing them.
What You’ll do:
- Dig into the data, learn what is and isn’t working, and take ownership in determining which projects to focus on - and set aggressive timelines to reach those goals.
- Work cross-functionally with support, product, engineering, and data science to optimize how we pay Agents on the platform.
- Assist in the study, analysis, and processing of information related to the compensation of agents based on their positions and other compensable factors.
- Respond to internal customer (Business verticals, data science, leadership) needs through concise communications, documentation, information sharing, and planning sessions.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators and business metrics for agent support - collaborate with data science to build a holistic view of support quality.
- Resolve a wide range of complex compensation issues – leverage data, rules, procedures, and sound judgment to arrive at solutions to agent appeals and inquiries.
- 1+ years of experience working at a finance or technology company in an analytical function: whether it be in a startup, consultancy, or corporate, you are someone who loves driving change in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive data-first problem-solving skills - specifically proficiency in SQL and Excel
- Experience with business intelligence or data visualization tool (Looker, Tableau, DOMO, PowerBI, etc.)
- Proven track record of identifying, sizing, and solving ambiguous data issues.
- Experience working in a support organization or for organizations known for stellar customer support
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Jira, Zendesk, Salesforce, or Intercom
- Experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences
- Familiarity with and passion for customer experience and empathy for our users
- Degree in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.