Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery reaches viewers on all screens and services, from free-to-air and pay-TV channels, to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.
We are hiring a Business Analyst in Bellevue, Washington to investigate, discover, and scale actionable insights that drive improvements across our food, home, and lifestyle products. The Business Analyst will be an experienced analytics professional on the Data Science and Analytics team. They will help design and create business intelligence solutions across all dimensions (e.g. product, engineering, content, marketing) of our direct-to-consumer products and apps.
This role will build business intelligence reports, dashboards, and custom insights to support consumer products across mobile, tablets, web, connected TV, voice, and emerging technologies. They will use big data platforms and business intelligence technology to drive these insights and product capabilities. This business analyst will work closely with product, design, content, and marketing teams to develop insights that drive material improvements to benefit Discovery’s customers.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate for translating data into relevant, actionable insights that produce great experiences for customers. This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, love enabling others through data, and obsess about customers. They will have a come to data-driven conclusions and remain open-minded should evidence lead in directions they did not foresee. Others on the team enjoy working with them because they are reliable, innovative, respectful, and deliver results. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. They take end-to-end ownership of their work and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
1. Partner with product, marketing, engineering, and analytics stakeholders to determine analytics solutions needed to drive insights and analytics on key business questions.
2. Implement tracking and analytics set up to ensure all data is captured in reporting systems.
3. Design and build reports and dashboards to drive consistent and repeatable self-service insights.
4. Lead analysis across multiple data sets to deliver meaningful insights to answer business questions.
5. Proactively communicate insights and key data to stakeholders to accelerate learning and communicate insights.
6. Work with data engineering teams to identify scalable, accessible data sources for analysis and operational use.
7. Make business intelligence and analytics reports approachable and understandable to non-data engineers or scientists.
* Minimum of 4+ years of proven experience in business analytics and insights.
* Proven experience in analyzing scalable data sets to deliver actionable insights for critical business issues.
* Demonstrated success in building and/or improving self-service and repeatable business intelligent solutions.
* Experience with business intelligence technology and tools is required.
* Experience with Adobe Analytics is a plus.
* Experience with SQL and other data querying techniques is a plus.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc.) is a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to work across product, engineering, and analytics teams to evaluate new ideas, discuss technical concepts, create scalable designs, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your work clearly to your audience.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.