Business Development Analysis Manager
Do you want a highly impactful role within a team that is growing fast?
Are you passionate about driving business value with products that deliver an awesome customer experience? Then this opportunity might be for you.
The Insurance Commercial, Strategy and Services (CSS) team is responsible for managing the Insurance business P&L and driving strategy for products across the Expedia Group globally. Insurance delivers millions of dollars of incremental revenue making a direct and meaningful impact to the company's bottom-line.
While travel is fun, inspiring, and educational, the process of shopping for your dream trip and sometimes the journey itself brings notes of stress. The Assurance team sits within CSS Insurance but goes beyond traditional insurance to craft benefits that will provide travelers with peace of mind. We have proven the potential of these products, and we are continuing to invest in this business. As a part of our growth strategy, we are looking for a talented business development and analysis manager.
Come join this high performing entrepreneurial team to help formulate our Assurance strategy. If you enjoy using data and observations to build sound business cases, you will fit right in. In this role, you will use your skills to inspire product, engineering, finance and customer support teams to prioritize and implement our product ideas.
- Use analytics and UX data and research to identify and define customer problems we can solve through Assurance.
- Use data and analytics to glean insights, then use those insights to model the business landscape from the customer, business/ financial, and competitive analysis standpoints.
- Articulate and communicate a business opportunity based on data, observations, and analysis, and utilizing a framework that tells a comprehensive story.
- Help define strategy and prioritize opportunities in collaboration with the product and technology teams.
- Propose new ideas that address common travel pains and build evidence backed business cases to support those ideas.
- Deliver opportunity sizing of product ideas by combining analytical skills as well as creative use of sources to validate assumptions.
- Serve as the expert on the product from a pricing, availability, terms and conditions, and overall vision perspective.
- Develop effective relationships with the extended inter-disciplinary team comprised of product management, engineering, customer support, finance and legal.
- Balance the needs and requirements of different teams to build consensus on a common strategy.
- Develop a keen understanding of the competitive landscape by keeping abreast of market trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/economics/math/technical field or related discipline required - MBA a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver revenue growth by identifying and leading high growth initiatives.
- Experience within consulting or strategy roles is highly preferred.
- Proven skills in business analysis, market research, and presentation creation.
- Experience communicating with senior leadership, influencing decisions across multiple and matrixed teams within Expedia Group.
- Experience identifying, negotiating and partnering with external business partners preferred.
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment or within travel industry is helpful.
- Expertise with MS Suite required.
- Knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.