The Data Architect will be responsible for leading design and development of enterprise-wide data architecture and logical/physical data models across master data, data pipelines, big data stores, data analytics and business intelligence platforms. This role will work closely with business users and technology leaders to develop data strategy, enterprise information model, and enterprise data catalog. This is an exciting opportunity to drive business process and data integration across the Getty Platform.
Who You Are:
This position is responsible for leading the design and development of complex data integration solutions in a highly collaborative software engineering environment. Acts as the liaison between technical teams and business stakeholders in order to facilitate, conceptualize and define integrated data solutions; making sure these solutions align with Enterprise Data Architecture and achieve company wide objectives.
Your Next Challenge:
- Develop and maintain understanding of data architecture and systems comprising Getty Images technology platform.
- Lead design and development of logical and physical data models for transactional and analytical datastores.
- Lead Getty Images enterprise data governance initiatives. Ensure Getty Images domain driven data architecture evolution.
- Evangelize data platform, standards, patterns and best practices across Getty Images business partners.
- Work closely with business users and developers to create and maintain data dictionary and data lineage. Help investigate and resolve data anomalies including data quality issues and ambiguous/redundant data definitions. Recommend data integrity checks and controls to ensure enterprise-wide data quality.
- Provide technical guidance and support for data warehouse, analytics development, and technology evolution initiatives.
- Work closely with data consumers (data analysts, data scientists, data engineers, etc.) to understand needs and challenges and come up with solutions and process improvement recommendations.
- Assist with data platform optimization and scalability improvement efforts.
- Lead technology rationalization, assessment, and roadmap planning.
- Ensure compliance with Getty Images’ policies & procedures, state and federal laws, regulations and standards.
- Enhance data security and data auditing capabilities
- Help define and govern data-centric SLAs across Getty Images enterprise.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in designing conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- 10+ years of experience in strategic data planning and data standards development.
- 5+ years of experience in data mart, data warehouse, and data lake design and architecture.
- 5+ years of experience in leveraging enterprise data warehouse modeling constructs, methodologies and practices to ensure flexible, scalable, maintainable, and high-performing databases.
- 10+ years of experience with multiple database technologies for relational, document-oriented, column-oriented, key-value, graph encompassing schema-less, unstructured and multi-structured data.
- 7+ years of experience in working with Distributed systems and experience in designing distributed systems solutions.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Good knowledge of ETL, ELT and batch.
- Experience with analytics, data visualization tools a plus.
- Experience in data analysis and forensics.
- Experience with data pipelines and dealing with high volume systems and designing solutions for reliability and performance at scale.
- Experience with AWS and/or Google cloud data engineering and data science capabilities: RedShift, Athena, BigQuery, Dynamo, Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Spark, SageMaker, Apache Flink, etc.
- Experience with streaming architectures including cost analysis, performance tuning, and quality of service concerns.
- AWS cloud application development, architecture design, modernization, implementation, and deployment is a plus.
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to describe complex technical subjects, develop technical documentation and presentations.
- Strong bias for lean and collaborative enterprise architecture process.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.