Data Scientist II at Expedia Group
Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day.
Each year Egencia helps thousands of companies in over 60 markets better run their travel programs. We provide modern solutions and outstanding service to millions of travelers as they plan, take and complete every business trip. We deliver bottom-line savings to our clients and support the needs of the modern business traveler. Egencia blends classic travel agent services, creative travel technology, and global travel market expertise to deliver solutions and cost-savings to companies around the world. From planning the trip and ensuring compliance, we are with our clients every step of the way. Unique in the market, we operate like an agile start-up, backed by one of the world’s largest travel groups, Expedia Group.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join a team that is establishing the foundation for data science at Egencia. We are researching and developing methodology, approaches and integration of data science practice at Egencia both organizationally and across the entire technology stack. The team is small, interdisciplinary and looking for others to help pioneer, prototype and advocate. You could be working on a broad range of areas including machine learning, algorithm development,
segmentation, recommendations, data pipelines, and analytics. We expect a new team member who wants to help build and direct Egencia’s future.Responsibilities
- You will improve the product offerings of Egencia and enhance business, product and our clients own analytics.
- You'll discover and define your own work, help establish the direction of the team and data sciences role within Egencia.
- Build strong relationships with the technology, product and business teams within Egencia.
- BA/BS in a quantitative field or related field, e.g. statistics, computer programming, mathematics
- 2 or more years of experience working with real data: cleaning, modeling, integrating in a similar position.
- Strong knowledge of set based languages, e.g. SQL
- Strong working knowledge in at least one of Java, Python, Scala, R.
- Strong business analytics experience
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team alongside developers, statisticians and other data scientists.
- Strong ability to explain complex areas in simple terms and work with various business stakeholders to gather information and relate topics.
- Passionate about solving problems and finding patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data.
- MS in a quantitative or related field, e.g. statistics, computer programming, mathematics.
- Well versed with cloud solutions (AWS, Azure), distributed computing (Spark, Hadoop), Omniture/Google Analytics, and knowledgeable in the B2B and B2C space.
- Machine learning techniques such as Bayesian methods, clustering, decision trees, random forests, NLP etc., with experience in selecting features, building and optimizing, supervised versus unsupervised, etc.
Why Join Us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-ES1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.