Data Scientist II
Do you want to transform how millions of people engage with websites, apps, and bots through Conversational and Voice UI? Do you love creating platforms that blossom into experiences that you never envisioned? Expedia Group is building the world’s Travel Platform. As part of this, we are building a Virtual Agent Platform that automates the most challenging travel journeys and scales to serve both customers and suppliers. Our Virtual Agents use AI to learn new capabilities and continuously improve through network effects.
We are eCP – Expedia eCommerce Platform. The eCP organization was built to power Expedia, Inc.’s travel revolution with a premier platform of eCommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale. We bring product, technology, and operations together to enable our business to grow and drive innovation.
Within eCP, Global Customer Operations (GCO) provides the traveler and agent experiences that power over 100 million interactions in 22 languages each year. Are you looking to develop elegant solutions to complex problems while building values for customers? Every single day our goal is to help millions of travelers get to their destinations as simply and efficiently as possible, making travel effortless.
Join us. Help define the next generation of Customer solutions that will revolutionize travel.
What You'll Do:
As a Data Scientist within GCO, you will work with diverse teams of Subject Matter Experts, Product managers, engineers and others across multiple organizations to deliver Data Science solutions and recommendations. You will utilize ML, advanced analytical and statistical techniques in order to build statistical models which will be used to answer business questions, provide recommendations, understand drivers, prove or disprove hypotheses, and drive initiatives for GCO and eCP.
- You will apply solid coding skills, strong analytical and innovative thinking, and Artificial Intelligence/ML expertise to quickly learn new domains and turn innovative ideas into working solutions
- You will use Statistics and Data Science techniques to make decisions based on data
- You will manipulate large data sets for business insights and drive solutions
- You will utilize appropriate methods and approaches to develop practical solutions for the business
- You will structure work, frame issues, and produce analyses that answer complex business questions in a pragmatic approach
- You will communicate complex analytical topics in a clean & simple way to multiple partners and senior leadership
Who You Are:
- Your degree is in Data Science/ML or a related quantitative science & engineering field such as Artificial Intelligence, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, and Econometrics. MS required, Ph.D. preferred.
- You understand the concepts and steps involved in working with real-world large data sets: from domain-specific problem understanding, data preparation, travel-related data processing, data integration, data structures for ML, data pipelining, data modeling, and AI/ML algorithms; strong data science knowledge and skills.
- You have 3-5 years of experience in Statistics and Data Science.
- You have strong knowledge and experience in database technologies, including SQL, Hadoop, Teradata, AWS / Qubole.
- You have knowledge on hands-on practice in Python and/or R.
- You have proven knowledge of ML techniques such as Bayesian methods, clustering, decision trees, random forests, NLP, etc., excellent grasp of statistical concepts and methods.
- You have a passion for solving problems and finding patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-PP1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.