The ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. Want to join a collaborative team that builds solutions which provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drive business analytics? Keep reading.
Do you like open source tools? Do you like assembling arrays of the latest and greatest technologies in networking/security and performance bench marking to solve difficult problems? Do you like to push systems to their limits to improve their quality? We are looking for people who have passion and expertise in these areas and want to aid our development effort to build one of the most performance and secure systems in the industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with engineers throughout the development cycle to reproduce the small and large customer environments under which the ExtraHop system is run.
- Employ a mix of manual and automated data analysis techniques to collect data and analyze the operational environment of the ExtraHop system.
- Generate gigabits of network traffic on over-the-counter Intel hardware with OSS systems and networking tools for performance benchmarking of the ExtraHop system.
- Install, run, and benchmark emerging products and tools in a lab environment to provide product development and product management strategic data.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- Experience in a Unix-based environment
- Knowledge of building scalable and high-performance systems
- Understanding of various product-development life cycles
Desired Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP
- TCP/IP networking.
- Experience using Linux networking tools such as tcpdump, tcpreplay, pcap tools, apache bench, etc.
- Experience using and managing virtual infrastructure for VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, and KVM. Experience with OpenStack and related SDN framework a plus.
- Familiarity with embedded systems or other syste-ms-level development.
- Experience standing up systems using Linux containers, Docker, Puppet, Chef, etc
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.