Director, Technology - Advertising Data Platform
Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created an expansive marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
Are you passionate about data and the technology needed to drive a multi-million-dollar business? Do you love building creative, high-scale data products using a diverse set of state-of-the-art technologies? Does leading a global, dynamic, and growing engineering organization energize you?
We are looking for a leader who will drive the innovation and scale of the advertising data platform for Expedia Group Media Solutions. The mission will be to leverage data technology to power a vibrant advertising marketplace, an insight driven sales and marketing workforce, and personalized and targeted ad content for our customers. From strategy, to technical design, to execution, and optimization, – your role is to deliver a premier suite of products & services that will delight our advertisers and customers, while creating a working environment where top technical talent will thrive.
Successful team members in Media Solutions are fully accountable for themselves, their teams, and project delivery in a fast-paced and high-reaching environment. We understand and embody the 'One Team' philosophy and always strive to model the Expedia Group principles. We find creative ways to implement learning from ideas like Agile, Lean, Continuous Delivery and the Scientific Method in many aspects of leadership, management, delivery and operations. We are committed to a growth mindset and learning.
- You will define a product vision and strategy for the Data and Ad Infrastructure platform and drive the delivery of the roadmap.
- You will own the architectural direction and full stack of Data and Intelligence platforms within Media Solutions.
- You will engage with analytics, business intelligence, data engineering, and business teams across the company, influencing direction and fostering collaboration.
- You will capture, measure and ensure solid value realization by working directly with internal customers using our platform to solve real business problems
- You will drive and ensure effective end-to-end ownership and delivery of online data platform availability, monitoring, quality and performance
- You will lead teams through fast-paced development cycles; committed to automation, agile, lean-startup, continuous delivery approach
- You will build and cultivate an environment of innovation, collaboration and solid execution, ensuring the team understands strategic goals, product and future technology roadmaps
- You will ensure the ongoing training and development of direct reports and develop the technical skills of the team
- BS, BA or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years’ experience leading high performance technology teams, creating a wake of business value (delivery results, high talent)
- Experience running globally distributed teams and vendors
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills and an ability to successfully define, develop, and scale engineering teams
- Experience working in ecommerce and platform business. Media and/or Marketing experience highly desired
- Accomplished leader able to articulate general approach to leading people and technology, and collaborate & influence effectively at executive level across complex organizations
- Experience working with large-scale distributed data systems, batch and streaming data applications including data storage, processing, management, analytics, machine learning
- Experience building scalable, performant, and fault tolerant backend services
- Shown knowledge in data architecture patterns including modeling, metadata management, streams, persistence, enrichment and access
- Demonstrated experience delivering data solutions in the cloud including Amazon AWS (S3, EMR, EBS, EC2…) and related technologies, services and third-party tools
- Proven experience using Agile delivery methodologies, DevOps and matrixed organizational models
- Effective business operations acumen including, handling capital and operational budgets, resource planning and prioritization
- Extraordinary communication skills and the ability to explain commercial landscape, business opportunities, and technical details to a wide variety of audiences and formats
- Ability to look at solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognizing opportunities to innovate and drive business results
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.