Manager, Business Intelligence (Mobile Games)
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
DoubleDown is seeking to hire a Manager of Business Intelligence to support our growing workload and to provide insights about our business and recommendations on how we can improve our user acquisition, user retention, and monetization efforts.
You will be leading and managing the efforts of a team of data analysts. This team is responsible for analyzing the large datasets available in our data warehouse and providing actionable insights and recommendations that improves the financial performance of the company. The team helps identify and then reports on metrics that drive the company’s success. The team also provides critical input on data that should be collected and organized in the data warehouse to aid in the analysis process. This information enables DoubleDown to understand our business, our players, and our games and helps us grow our business. DoubleDown is a highly data-driven company and as such, the team plays a very key role in moving the business forward.
The team is a very-closely knit learning-oriented group who contribute greatly to the company’s success. In addition to contributing to the company’s success, team members are also able to develop a wide range of technical and interpersonal skills. The team partners frequently and directly with our customers (primarily internal) to deliver insights and recommendations on the performance of games, features, and player segments.
We also have a lot of fun and even have a BI rap video to prove it!
Roll the dice
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly todeliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike!
What you should bring to the table
- Minimum of five years of experience in data science or data analytics with 1+ years of lead or management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, analytics, or business-related field
- Experience with Python and/or R, MS Excel to visualize and present your findings
- Strong written and oral communication skills required (you will be preparing written analysis and recommendations and presenting them to company management)
- Strong problem-solving skills and curiosity (Creative out-of-the-box thinking is valued)
- Experience in working with large (billions of records) datasets
If you come to the table with this, even better!
- Experience in online casual games
- Master’s degree in statistics, analytics, or business-related field
Winning the jackpot
DoubleDown Interactive is a highly data-driven company. Most major decisions are based on the analysis of the large datasets that we manage and collect. This team is key to this process!
At the end of the first year, you will have developed a strong working knowledge of the casino-style social games market. You will have led efforts to drive improvements in our products, casino features, marketing programs, and user targeting and will have helped develop the skills of the less-experienced members on the team.
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
Regular job duties include:
- Monitoring the performance of games, features, key metrics to spot potential issues early
- Partnership with customers to understand their needs and effectively prioritize projects across the team
- Prioritization, design and evaluation of A/B tests to identify opportunities for the company
- Mentoring and management of the BI team
- Written analysis and presentation of results to the management team
Cashing in on the comps
- Getting to the office is a breeze with one of our two company-sponsored transportation options:
- ORCA pass, renewed annually
- $100 monthly transportation credit
- Stow your ride safely in the secured parking garage or bike locker available onsite.
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. Like console games? Challenge your coworkers to a Nintendo Wii U orXbox 360 gaming break. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Stay in tip-top shape by taking advantage of our onsite fitness center. Just head down to the first floor of our building,and you’ll have access to state of the art equipment, lockers, and showers.
- Need to relax? Get a massage or enjoy a yoga session right here in the studio! After all, who wants to work without a massage?
- Enjoy occasional afternoons off for private viewings of first-run movies and team outings to see the Mariners play.
- Hungry? Head to one of our two kitchens fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we even provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, and disability protection (short- and long-term).
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 12 paid calendar holidays per year.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!