Manager, Customer & Industry Insights at RealSelf
About the Role:
RealSelf is looking for a Customer & Industry Insights Manager to lead the discovery, planning, execution, synthesis, and presentation of RealSelf consumer, customers, industry, and category insights. The Customer & Industry Insights Manager will develop compelling insight stories that influence the business's direction, strategy, marketing, and product.
This is a hands-on research role, handling all aspects of market research from coding and developing surveys to presentation and execution based on findings. executing action based on the results. This is a high volume, fast-paced role.
In this role, you will:
- Lead strategy, planning, execution, prioritization, and actioning across the company of consumer, provider, industry brands, corporate, and competitor insights.
- Develop, summarize, and share deep consumer understanding through quantitative and qualitative research, including consumer segmentation, satisfaction, loyalty, demographics, and psychographics.
- Translate business questions into actionable research. Recommend and execute different research methodologies, including consumer surveys, focus groups, and usability research. Responsible for vendor selection and management, data collection and analysis, and insight development.
- Become chief evangelist of customer, industry, and consumer insights. Provide thought leadership and presentations to the organization on consumer and category trends and ideas on how to activate them. Understand consumer barriers, motivators, desired experiences, and dig into the best drivers of engagement with our brand.
- Discover customer insights by analyzing multiple internal and external data sources.
- Deliver insights-driven stories to drive growth for the short and long term.
- Partner with Consumer Marketing, B2B Marketing, Industry Partnerships, and Product teams to develop consumer and user profiles with recommendations on targets for growth.
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This role requires an individual with a passion for building a consumer-driven business. The individual will have a willingness to move fast, experiment often, and be comfortable with ambiguity. The ideal candidate will have progressive research experience in a digital platform. They will know how to translate consumer insights into actionable recommendations to build a marketing communications plan, guide product ideas, execute priorities, and measure the results. The successful candidate should be able to manage multiple priorities and work collaboratively with a large group of internal stakeholders, including the marketing, industry partnerships, B2B, product, UX, and analytic organizations.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- 6+ years of customer and consumer research experience in a digital platform.
- Strong ability to translate the voice of the customer to action
- Understanding and expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Comfortable working with and manipulating datasets
- Strong communication skills and presenter
- Ability to develop compelling stories about the brand, market trends, and consumers
- The ability to manage simultaneous projects and stakeholders requiring frequent communication, time management, and problem-solving skills.
Travel is not anticipated for this role.
This role is open to fully remote candidates in most states. RealSelf is a Seattle, WA-based company. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted.
RealSelf is a values and performance-driven team that shares a common purpose of achieving our mission of creating a world where every investment in modern beauty is Worth It. We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. With COVID-19, we have become a more remote and distributed workforce that understands the value of internal connections and collaboration across all teams.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make the experience of choosing a procedure and connecting with the right doctor easy, personal and trusted. Since 2006 our authentic reviews, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped tens of millions of people explore their options, from skincare to laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors, we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our RealSelf Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.