Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 80% of US households with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.WHAT WE DO
Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real-time. Building high powered intelligence atop our large-scale dataset is a serious challenge and we are looking for candidates who are ready to dig in. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user-generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service.
As a partnerships analyst working with the business development and partnerships team you will help us to build new and manage existing partner relationships across Postmates’ platform and products. You will develop an understanding of the performance of partnership products, unlock insights on these products and work with internal (Finance, Product, and Engineering) and external (partners, vendors) stakeholders to ensure that our partnerships flourish. You will take the lead in evaluating (e.g. sizing, valuation) new opportunities through leveraging available data to make informed assumptions and clearly communicating recommendations to senior management. On a day to day basis, you will be asked to work with an abstract concept and develop a forecast and financial model that has the potential to greatly influence our business.
In this role, your views will be reviewed directly by our executive team and you will have end-to-end ownership of key initiatives that shape the future of Postmates. You must be proactive and detail-oriented with strong technical skills and excellent written/verbal communication abilities.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in analytics at a tech company, investment banking or management consulting
- Experience in pricing, sizing, and valuations. Bonus for marketplace platforms
- You provide a mix of creativity, scientific rigor, pragmatism and strategic thinking
- You have shown excellence in translating data into decision-ready insights
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex concepts shouldn’t be a problem for you.
- You master tools like SQL (must!), Python and R in addition to an expertise with spreadsheets
- You are highly motivated, enjoy working in teams and thrive working independently
- You are excited about running analyses, develop great actionable insights from data
- You are scrappy. You approach questions with scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically -- the simplest solution may be the best at times.
- 2+ years experience working in an analytics organization or related field
- A Masters degree (or higher) in a technical field (Statistics, Operations Research, Math, Physics, Engineering …)
- A solid math and statistics background