Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 is looking for a Research Operations Specialist to join our rapidly growing Research team within the Product organization. Our Research Operations function is responsible for developing processes, implementing and maintaining tools, and guiding teams through our Research Engagement process in order to efficiently deliver impactful research outcomes. Research Operations is also the owner of our insights repository and our product analytics toolkit, bringing insights-informed decision making to all facets of Auth0.
Your Role And Impact
- The Auth0 Insights team oversees all customer research, insights, tooling and enablement across product delivery working closely with cross-functional partners and stakeholders. These insights are utilized by Auziros to build a better understanding of our customer and foster innovation and customer-obsession.
- Those insights include but are not limited to authentication, authorization, security, operator experience, administration, user management, and more. On our team you will effectively collaborate with management, product owners, designers, and engineers to plan, develop, and implement research solutions to optimize and automate customer evaluation and discovery for product development.
- You will help build an ethical, scalable, efficient, and impactful research workflow that empowers us to meet the needs of our substantial (and growing) customer base. Your focus will be ensuring teams have the tools, knowledge, support, and processes they need to conduct research quickly and with the best quality possible.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams.
- You can perform and improvise under tight timelines and changing environments with guidance from leadership.
- You have strong communication skills both written and verbal as well as meticulous organization and documentation skills.
- You’re efficient and developing rapport and maintaining healthy relationships with a variety of individuals and teams across all of Auth0.
- You share work early and often to ensure alignment and gather feedback in order to deliver high-impact outcomes and continue to grow your own knowledge.
- You enthusiastically suggest process improvements and other opportunities to make our work better.
- You have experience participating in discovery sessions and facilitating established processes for research.
- You have a base understanding of how user research functions and the role Insights play in decision-making.
- You have experience configuring a variety of tools used in gathering insights and managing knowledge.
- You have knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX standards and user behaviors.
- You are capable of taking an active role in maintaining our insights repository, including enforcing quality standards for new entries and sunsetting obsolete insights.
- You are capable of learning and executing our Research Process, and can coach other teams through the process.
- You understand how to apply our process to the project at hand and can translate each phase into a series of concrete actions.
- You are constantly seeking ways to improve processes and make work more efficient.
- You can draw clear, well-reasoned conclusions when presented with raw data and can communicate how you came to that conclusion.
- You can recruit and schedule study participants.
- Publish and evangelize results of research on a regular basis to the broad organization, maintaining a history of what we've learned.
Projects you could work on:
- Help execute established research plans for a variety of teams.
- Assist teams with analysis and synthesis on recent research findings.
- Categorize and organize insights from research across the organization and support its communication company-wide.
- Collaborate with Legal & Compliance to establish and ensure best practices for data governance and ethical research practices.
- Contribute to participant recruiting and the development of a diverse and engaged participant pool.
- Diagnose and fix operational inefficiencies for engaging with customers and prospects.
- Establish best practices for execution of high-quality, high-impact research and ensure their implementation.
- Evaluate how research is consumed and displayed within product delivery and cross functionally to optimize for quality and coherency.
- Analyze existing tooling and budgets to identify redundancies and opportunities and increase efficiency.
- Manage incoming requests for Research to ensure appropriate coverage and support.
- Build and manage Research assets, including dashboards, screeners, playbooks, templates, guides, and other documentation.
- Evangelize and educate Product, Marketing, Customer Service, and other teammates on the impact of research and current best practices.
What success looks like:
- At least 1 year of experience working within a product organization and with direct engagement with teams doing user research.
- A portfolio of previous work demonstrating your understanding of research execution, an ability to follow established processes, and the desire to improve said processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of product/design/user research as it applies to cloud-based technology.
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other researchers, designers, product managers and engineers, particularly in a facilitation or coaching role.
- Strong oral and written English skills a must.
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Communications, Project Management, or a related field a plus.
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style.
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.