Senior Business Analyst - Workforce Planning
Are you passionate about solving complex business problems? Are you a self-starter?
This is an exciting opportunity to join Expedia’s Lodging Partner Services group (LPS). The Workforce Planning Team supports the lodging organization with forecasting and modeling staffing scenarios to ensure partner onboarding, account management, and support tasks are completed within targeted timeframes and to partner satisfaction. As Business Analysts, we seek complex business problems by finding the balance of data and analysis with business insight. We champion the toughest challenges across multiple operational partners and support teams delivering creative solutions using data mining, ad-hoc analysis, and statistical methods that maximize the insights for our partners. With access to the latest technology this could be an exciting position for someone who likes to explore and deeply understand Expedia’s lodging support services.
What You Will Do:
- You will extract information and meaning from structured and unstructured data.
- You will analyze data and communicate findings to partners across the business.
- You will work closely with new data sets and business opportunities.
- You will speak for the data, visualizing complex data sets telling a story for business partners.
- Manipulate and transform data native to LPS Workforce Planning to enhance and extend staffing insights.
- Optimize current workforce staffing models.
- Work on initiatives alongside our external marketing partners.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or Data Science)
- 2-3 years of professional experience
- Experience with big data environments
- Experience in workforce planning models
- Experience supporting long term initiatives
- You have a strong working knowledge of SQL, Teradata, Excel, Tableau (or similar)
- You have experience in data modelling, reporting and business intelligence
- The skills to translate complex results into clear insights and then compellingly communicate to the business
- You are highly collaborative and used to working in a consensus driven culture
- You have the ability to adapt and learn quickly in a changing environment
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.