Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst, Marketing Analytics
Are you curious and passionate about data and how it can be used to solve real world customer problems and drive value? If you’re looking to join a team that is at the forefront of data science and analytics, Expedia Group is laser-focused in nailing the numbers game with access to the best in class techniques and technology. We are looking for exceptional candidates who bring technical expertise, act as business owners, can execute on complex projects and deliver results.
What you’ll do:
- Understand drivers of performance trends within B2B marketing initiatives targeting Expedia Group’s supply partners and across the wider business through research and analysis.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data mining; presentation of data with a focus on actionable analytics.
- Leverage big-data and internal systems to identify opportunities to optimize performance.
- Inform, influence, support decision making for internal business partners.
- Conduct ongoing analysis and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing activities on partner engagement, including all contact points and interactions through multiple media components.
- Analyze marketing campaigns and identify optimization opportunities to improve relevancy, hierarchy, conversion and supply metrics.
- Manage multi-channel data (including but not limited to: email, events, social, and webinars).
- Function independently with limited supervision, proactively taking ownership of key analytical projects.
Who you are:
- Experienced in modeling, statistical analysis, data visualization and business intelligence
- Ability to professionally present and articulate the business value of complicated analysis to a diverse group of internal business partners
- Comfortable with mining data and working with large data sets
- Comfortable working with uncertainty and ability to prioritize time across multiple projects
- Strong analytical/modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable business insights
- Understanding of advanced statistical/predictive modeling, operation research and optimization techniques is highly preferred, as well as proficiency with tools such as R or Python
- Experience writing SQL queries and familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau and Qlikview.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Advanced degree a plus)
- 3+ years of related work experience required
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.