Senior Data Scientist, Customer Insights at Expedia Group
Senior Data Scientist, Customer Insights
Are you curious and passionate about data and how it can be used to solve real world customer problems and drive value? If you’re looking to join a team that is at the forefront of data science and analytics, Expedia Group is laser-focused in nailing the numbers game with access to the best in class techniques and technology. We are looking for extraordinary talent who bring technical expertise, act as business owners, can execute on complex projects and deliver results
What you'll do:
- Drive customer insights to action as part of a core cross functional team that includes marketing, product and technology
- Develop techniques to build segments/audiences which can be used for targeting and improved customer profitability
- Build, assess, and iteratively improve predictive models using best-in-class machine learning methods and best practices within customer lifetime value (CLV) predictions, purchase propensity, traveler preferences and across a variety of other business problems
- Become the trusted authority on measurement and identification of customer long-term profitability as well as its key drivers
- Develop a deep understanding of our data infrastructure. Applying that knowledge not only to implement your solutions, but also to champion infrastructure development needs which will help the whole team deliver frictionless, action-orientated customer insight.
- Be a technical leader on use, adoption and implementation of machine learning and modelling techniques
- Provide mentorship, peer review, and thought leadership across the business in the areas of statistical methods, experimentation, and tools
Who you are:
- Hands on experience in machine learning, building datasets, selecting and engineering features, building and optimizing algorithms. Experience with packages such as R, Python, etc.
- Strong SQL/data manipulation skills required including cleaning and managing data.
- Ability to apply a wide variety of statistical methods and data science models to effectively solve business problems
- Advanced Degree (PhD and/or Master’s) in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning / AI
- Knowledge of test design, implementation and evaluation of A/B Testing
- Real world experience with Internet scale data on a Hadoop or similar platform highly preferred.
- Experience with data visualization tools and packages a plus.
- Willingness to work with unstructured, messy data.
- Self-starter and results orientated, able to work under minimal guidance.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. Collectively, the Expedia Group cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. Expedia Group portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies and cruise lines.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
LPS-ARM-NAExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.