Senior DevOps Manager, Data Infrastructure at Flexport
The Data Infrastructure team is rapidly growing, and we are looking for a senior engineering manager to lead the team. Our applications are currently running on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), but with our recent migration to Service-oriented architecture (SOA), we’re starting to push the limits. We are building the Flexport Kubernetes Platform (FKP) to support stateful and stateless workloads and integrate multiple AWS managed services.
This team is responsible for the technologies and low-level infrastructure to store and access data at scale. The solutions are technology-centric and free of Flexport business logic. These core services are provided by either AWS, open-source community, third party vendors, or created by the team if necessary. Engineering teams can utilize and access using data ci/cd pipelines, which help to ensure correct usage. These services are generic enough to be used by any company with a similar security, stability, scalability, and cost requirements.You will:
- Recruit, build, and lead the team developing Data Infrastructure
- Create a strong product and architectural vision with a demonstrated ability to communicate, advocate, and execute on that vision.
- Collaborate across engineering teams to align project priorities and requirements.
- Represent your team with leaders across different parts of our organization.
- Participate in critical technical design and product discussions of various initiatives.
- Invest in the development and coaching required for each team member’s success.
- Manage, measure, and communicate the team's progress toward goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams that built and operated critical infrastructure.
- Experience with K8S and the AWS ecosystem, including the benefits and challenges.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.