Senior Director, Strategy & Analytics at Expedia Group
Senior Director Strategy & Analytics
The Platform & Marketplaces (P&M) team builds Expedia Group’s platform spanning every part of the travel experience from creating travel inspiration, booking and helping customers at every step. We are where exceptional technical, and businesspeople come together to demonstrate the benefits our two decades in travel and invest in scalable solutions. The global impact of our people ensures that every interaction creates network effects making the experience more valuable for the next traveler and partner.
The Conversation Platform & Customer Engagement (CPCE) team is looking for you to join and help shape the product vision and strategy which will directly impact our customers across EG’s travel brands.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with senior leadership to continually define and drive the long-term strategy of the team and establish a global multiyear plan of strategic investment priorities.
- Build foundation for plan through assessing industry trends, strategic opportunities while incorporating broader EG Corporate, Brand and Supply strategies.
- Collaborate and provide thought leadership with CPCE and the broader finance, business operations, technology and HR team to translate the strategic plan into an execution-focused annual plan.
- Represent CPCE in several cross business workstreams and discussions.
- Execution of strategic and annual plans through effective collaboration with CPCE teams though ongoing alignment & guidance for tactical operations, technology/product initiatives across the organization.
- Support and manage the due diligence and execution of broader P&M and EG initiatives from a CPCE perspective.
- Monitor and report to the CPCE Leadership Team progress against CPCE`s OKR`s, establish review cadence and prepare materials for business and technology reviews (MBRs, QBRs, CEO/CFO reviews).
- Collaborate across the broader organization to prepare financial reviews.
- Work closely with the CPCE Leadership as well as our Product, Tech and Operations teams to accelerate our efforts to deliver deep business insights and actionable recommendations based on data insights and analysis
- Develop the strategic roadmap of customer and business analytics capabilities and methods to power our efforts to improve the end-to-end customer, affiliate and agent experience
- Collaborate and partner with our Business Intelligence and Data architecture leaders to continually improve and provide feedback on data integrity, data environments, platforms, utilization and user experience, ensuring that reporting and analyses progress symbiotically
- Support SVP, and other senior leaders with ad-hoc analysis, and drive select high-impact strategic initiatives
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years in classic consulting background required
- Working for technology clients preferred but not required
- Work collaboratively; bring groups together, gather consensus and work towards common goals for success
- Detail oriented, inquisitive to a fault and also pushing for a bias to action and get stuff done
- Communication skills should be at the executive level across all modes; written, verbal, conversational and presentation
- Comfortably navigate during times of change and transformation; within the business, industry and broader stage
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.