Senior Manager, Analytics - Lodging Partner Operations
Senior Manager Analytics, Lodging Partner Operations
We are looking for a passionate senior analytics manager to join our endeavor to optimize the services and support provided to Expedia’s lodging partners. You will collaborate with us as we seek to understand what motivates them, how they prefer to engage with Expedia, and how Lodging Partner Service can improve our services and staffing to help grow revenue and reduce costs for Expedia. As a Senior Analytics Manager, you will accelerate the usage of analytics to extract insight into contact patterns and preferences across categories (such as inventory, promotions, and finance), evaluate test and learn projects, and find opportunities to streamline processes. If you are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive efficiency and innovation, this position is for you. You will support complex business problems by combining analytical skill and business insight to derive and communicate actionable business insights to senior leaders. This person should thrive in a dynamic organization, love the challenge of solving problems and always strive to do better, naturally curious and leave no stone unturned.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver analysis support and analytics recommendations to the leaders and internal clients in Expedia’s worldwide Lodging Partner Services team.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and inference,, data mining, and data storytelling with a goal of improving internal efficiency and lodging partner satisfaction.
- Actively engage with multiple departments including Operations, Lodging Product, Finance, Business Development, and Customer Operations to solve complex problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Lead work collaboratively and function independently with little supervision, actively taking ownership of key analytical projects.
- You will lead a small team of direct reports
Who You Are:
- You have a proven ability to navigate complex business problems and partner with internal clients with a consultative approach.
- You possess strong analytical/modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable business insights.
- You have strong experience querying and manipulating data using SQL.
- You have gained advanced proficiency in Tableau.
- You possess experience in applied data science and machine learning techniques such as clustering, decision trees, regression, k-means, etc. is highly preferred, with experience in at least one of the following tools: R or Python.
- You have excellent verbal, written and data presentation skills are a must-have.
- You have an ability to communicate results and recommendations that are easily understood by less technical audiences.
- You have the ability to prioritize among conflicting demands in a fluid environment.
- You've gained experience working with and combining large data sets with tools such as Teradata and Hadoop. Knowledge of Salesforce a big plus.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, with master’s degree in a Business/Statistics/Mathematics field or MBA preferred.
- Experience in an analytical role in an e-commerce technology company, operations-related role, or consulting preferred.
- Technical/Job Competence – Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge and technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Communication – Communicates well both verbally and in writing, builds accurate and punctual reports, delivers effective presentations, shares information and ideas with others, and listens carefully and considers input from multiple partners.
- Problem solving - Takes initiative to identify current and potential opportunities and identifies the best solution. Involves and/or leads the people and resources required.
- Personal Effectiveness - Produces extraordinary results both professionally and personally by being dedicated, committed, and a continuous learner. Significantly contributes to success of team and internal partners.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-BSTEWARDExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.