Senior Manager, Online Marketing Analytics
Are you excited about making a difference in the dynamic travel industry? We are looking for a Sr. Analytics Manager to join the marketing team for one of the most loved consumer brands in the world. The focus of your role will be developing measurement methodologies, and analytical techniques to power various aspects of highly complex global marketing campaigns. We invest hundreds of millions of dollars a year in highly dynamic and competitive auctions in travel Metasearch (TripAdvisor, Kayak, Trivago) and SEM (Google, Bing, Yahoo) as well as social media (Facebook). Each of these marketing channels centers around deriving value from sparse data to auction theory and game theory. We have deep and rich data sets, many still untapped, and your passion for the craft of statistics has the power to unlock tangible growth for our business.
Your primary focus will extend well beyond pulling the data and crunching the numbers. You will tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into relevant and actionable business insights. You'll work with one of the strongest data sets in the travel industry, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products.
This is a full-time position based in Expedia’s headquarters in Seattle, Washington.
- You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, data mining, and the presentation of data with a singular goal of profit maximization and with a focus on actionable analytics
- You will lead a team of analysts to provide statistical support on experimental design, exploratory data analysis and modeling
- You will collaborate with data scientists, operations staff, account managers, product and engineering.
- You will review research study plans to ensure that designs are consistent with objectives, and make recommendations regarding experimental design, statistical analysis, and data management
- You will automate analyses and author pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
- You will conduct A/B test design, implementation and analysis in order to figure out the effectiveness of bidding algorithms
- You will influence product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- You will work with Business Intelligence tools such as Adobe Omniture, Tableau, and author queries in Hadoop, Hive, and Spark primarily
You Should Have
- 6+ years hands-on experience in data analytics and providing insights
- Broad experience in applying statistics, exploratory analytics techniques to real-world data including sampling approaches, experiment design, causal modeling
- Solid statistical programming skills in at least one statistical language (SAS, R, Python) and demonstrated ability to learn new ones
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing data visualization dashboards utilizing Tableau or other advanced visualization tools that provide real-time visibility into performance results.
- Knowledge of modeling techniques such as linear regression, time series modeling, decision tree
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities, including developing and motivating high-performing teams, experience taking initiative and driving teams to deliver effective results
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Experience with ecommerce, online marketing, advertising, CRM, loyalty programs a strong plus
- Advanced degree (M.Sc., Ph.D. preferred) in statistics, math, computer science, economics, or related quantitative field.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, Trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.