Senior Strategy and Planning Manager
Expedia Group's e-Commerce Platform (eCP) team is at the heart of Expedia's business. Our eCP technology and operations platforms power Expedia's online travel brands worldwide. eCP teams are diverse – we build and maintain foundational systems and infrastructure like Data Centers, Transaction Platforms and Financial Systems. Our business operations include Customer Service as well as Payment and Fraud Operation teams.
The eIT Strategy and Planning team works across Expedia Group divisions and the teams that make up the eCommerce Platform to deliver large, complex technology initiatives. The Senior Strategy and Planning Manager will bring a blend of strategy, product and program management competencies to key high visibility initiatives. This role will support the Director of eIT Strategy and Planning and our division Vice President to drive the strategic vision for our team and facilitate the strategy execution in partnership with the technology, product management and operations teams. This role is a good stepping-stone from strategy consulting into the faced paced world of Ecommerce and Online Travel.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the annual strategy planning process
- Track & report progress on strategic plan execution
- Partner with the Leadership Team to build and track the teams’ OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
- Prepare executive presentations (TLT, QBRs, etc.)
- Partner with the Communications Team to share key messages inside and outside of the eIT organization to maintain alignment and focus on strategic initiatives
- Partnering with analytics, product and technology, set standards for reporting, data definitions, and data sources to help track and share progress to internal team members as well as eCP and Expedia Group partners
- Working autonomously, drive cross team/division initiatives: from strategy formation, provision of solution options, obtaining consensus from leadership, to the delivery of execution
- Support the Leadership Team in the ongoing optimization of rhythm of the business/operating model processes
Who you are:
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including a proven ability to articulate ideas clearly through executive presentations and appropriately influence others
- Very strong influencing and relationship building skills, and extensive experience working with senior management
- Solid program management experience including multi-team, multi-project responsibilities
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills; ability to see the “big picture” while also diving into details as necessary
- Use data to make decisions, with proven ability to apply appropriate quantitative rigor to the development of analytical models
- Ability to structure problems and synthesize data sets / findings
- Deep understanding of technology development and product management methodologies
- A passion for continuous excellence
- Innovative thinker with initiative and ability to work independently
- 5-7 years of experience, with a strong preference for those with a management consulting background (Bain, BCG, McKinsey)
- We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, Trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.