Software Dev Engineer II - AI
Are you passionate about the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love building creative, highly-scalable and expansible AI platforms and solutions? Is revolutionizing the travel experience using AI/ML challenging and attractive to you?
AI Labs is seeking a highly driven, hardworking and talented Machine Learning Engineer II to build machine learning platforms and AI solutions that support whole Expedia Group. We’re on the leading edge combining the advances in machine learning and cloud infrastructure to deliver AI capabilities at cloud scale. Expedia Group AI Labs is a newly created AI Center of Excellence for Expedia Group. We focus on AI for travel data intelligence R&D, build high performance AI platform, and deliver high impact AI solutions. We work very closely together with our brands/BUs across Expedia Group.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
What you'll do
- Designing, developing and maintaining core platform features, services and engines
- Partnering with scientists and other engineers to help invent, implement, and connect sophisticated algorithms to our cloud-based engines and drive cutting-edge research into product realization
- Helping define product features, and system architecture
- Working with other engineers and research teams to investigate design approaches, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Developing new technology prototypes to help with future exploration\
Who you are
- Recent or expected MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python and open-source technologies (Apache, Hadoop)
- Experience with machine learning and/or deep learning methods, like Sklearn/Tensorflow/PyTorch
- Experience with OO design and common design pattern
- Experience with data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysisAcademic and/or industry experience with advanced AI and ML techniques preferred
- Experience in developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability (K8s, YARN) preferred
- Experience in defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs preferred
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.