Software Dev Engineer II - AI
About Expedia Group AI Labs
Expedia Group AI Labs. is a newly created AI Center of Excellence for Expedia Group. We focus on AI for travel data intelligence R&D, build high performance AI platform and deliver high impact AI solutions. We work very closely together with our brands/BUs across Expedia Group.
We work in start-up fashion, with flat org structure and refreshing culture – we value integrity, creativity, dedication, and positive energy within our team and across teams. We favor the best ideas/working solutions regardless your ranking/seniority. We create industry unique environment for you to learn, grow, and extend your full potential in fast pace, together, we bring AI fueled business value to our company, to our travelers, and partners, we believe in the power of Data Intelligence, AI innovation.
We are seeking a highly driven, hardworking and talented Machine Learning Engineer II, to join us building the AI/ML Platform and optimizing smart travel solutions.
Are you passionate about the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love building creative, highly-scalable and expansible AI platforms and solutions? Is revolutionize the travel experience using AI/ML challenging and attractive to you?
AI Labs. is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer II to build machine learning platforms and AI solutions that support whole Expedia Group. We’re on the leading edge combining the advances in machine learning and cloud infrastructure to deliver AI capabilities at cloud scale.
If you have a strong ML/statistics background and can roll up your sleeves to do the engineering work required to ship the high quality platform to our customers, this is a unique opportunity to tackle the challenging problems in both AI and cloud space.
As the Machine Learning Engineer for the AI Labs, you will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services. You will also partner with scientists and other engineers to help invent, implement, and connect sophisticated algorithms to our cloud-based engines. Prior domain knowledge including AI, ML, and NLU is a preferred. Strong motivation to learn ML, AI and NLU is critical for successful candidates.
- Designing, developing and maintaining core platform features, services and engines
- Helping define product features, and system architecture
- Working with other engineers and research teams to investigate design approaches, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Developing new technology prototypes to help with future exploration
- Collaborating with scientists to drive cutting-edge research into product realization.
- Recent or expected MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python and open-source technologies (Apache, Hadoop)
- Experience with machine learning and/or deep learning methods, like Sklearn/Tensorflow/PyTorch
- Experience with OO design and common design pattern
- Experience with data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Academic and/or industry experience with advanced AI and ML techniques
- Experience in developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability (K8s, YARN)
- Experience in defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.