Software Development Engineer I - Machine Learning at Expedia Group
Who We Are:
Are you passionate about Machine Learning? Do you love building creative, high-scale distributed systems using a diverse set of state of the art technologies? Do you have an ambitious spirit, are deeply technical and analytical? Do you look for the opportunity to build AI solutions to problems that directly impact the company's bottom-line?
The Expedia Enterprise Risk & Security (ERS) group is focused on a single mission to protect Expedia Group from financial loss and brand damage. We work on key risk problems associated with merchant and supplier fraud, account takeover, and more. As a Software Engineer and member of our team, you will collaborate with highly skilled engineers, data scientists, and program managers to build wide range of machine learning models. This requires the use of sophisticated distributed systems, real-time scoring environment, and application of advanced statistical techniques. As part of your job, you will deal with large amounts of training data, rapidly prototype new models that meet stringent performance requirements, perform offline and online testing, and push these models to production.
What You'll Do:
- You build scalable, high-performance software solutions & systems to productionalize scoring models.
- You establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, validation and implementation.
- You provide accurate time estimates for your scope of work, turn it into code, and deliver on schedule.
- You work closely with scientists and engineering teams to create and deploy new features.
- You advocate for quality coding. Write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- You have expertise in at least one object-oriented, modern programming language (Java, Scala, Python, etc).
- Solid expertise in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as MySQL and MongoDB.
- Knowledge of automated testing, including unit, functional, and integration testing.
- Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience.
- Self-starter that enjoys and takes pride in the development work of their team.
- Experience with Big Data/Machine Learning technologies (Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience in architecting complex, highly distributed, multi-sourced data pipelines and processing solutions..
- Experience building and managing applications with AWS technologies – S3, EC2, EMR, lambda function, etc.
- Experience working in agile development environment
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
#LI-PP1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.