Software Development Engineer I, Machine Learning at Expedia Group
Expedia’s Conversations Platform and Customer Engagement (CPCE) Technology team is dedicated to driving technology innovation to create effortless customer experiences worldwide in Expedia Group apps, web sites, support channels, and contact centers via our Virtual Agent Platform. We support over 80 million customer interactions a year and over 12,000 agents – across a global brand portfolio and workforce. CPCE's Data and Intelligence team is looking for a thoughtful and dedicated Software Development Engineer I with experiences and skillsets that demonstrate a capability for delivering high quality, customer-facing features that meet platform and product needs. Our team is building out learning and intelligence services that power Expedia Group's Virtual Agents to make an amazing impact on customer needs in an optimal manner without needing human intervention. With your passion, technical skills, and effective communication, you will implement and affect solutions that drive customer effort down and improve customer self-service at Expedia.
What You’ll Do
- Own the implementation of machine learning models that increase self-service capability of our conversational AI platform
- Develop exemplary and thoroughly tested code for our platform
- Deliver on aggressive team goals and partner effectively in defining technical solutions
- Excel in communicating with teammates clearly and consistently
- Follow coding standards and engineering excellence practices as agreed by the team
- Cross organizational boundaries to collaborate with other technology teams to solve integrated problems
Who you are
- 0-2 years experience in at least one area of NLP, deep learning, and machine learning in general. This includes standard tasks (language modeling, question answering, etc.) and techniques
- Proficiency in high level programming languages like Java, Python
- Proficiency in data science and natural language related packages including scikit-learn, NLTK, Spacy, NumPy, SciPy and Pandas
- Industry experience with data structures, Object Oriented Programming is highly desired
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure and services
- Familiarity with relational and No-SQL databases
- Candidates should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns
- Experience building a Conversational AI platform is highly desired
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.