Software Development Engineer I at Expedia Group
Are you a creative software developer ready for the opportunity to build an ecommerce platform with the potential to transform an entire company? Would you thrive in a high-energy atmosphere where we constantly evaluate new technology with a relentless focus on automation and continuous delivery? Then come join us and build the most expansive and versatile transaction platform in travel!
CPCE's Data and Intelligence team is looking for a thoughtful and dedicated Software Development Engineer with experiences and skillsets that demonstrate a capability for delivering high quality, customer-facing features that meet platform and product needs.
Our team is building out learning and intelligence services that power Expedia Group's Virtual Agents to make an amazing impact on customer needs in an optimal manner without needing human intervention. With your passion, technical skills, and effective communication, you will implement and affect solutions that drive customer effort down and improve customer self-service at Expedia.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop business-critical streaming pipelines, services and dashboards.
- Solve business challenges by leading the translation of data, impact of that data, and be able to effectively communicate the story that the deliverable tells or the problem that the deliverable solves.
- Drive value with innovative solutions and deliver improved-upon methods of data presentation by focusing on the business need and the business value of the solution.
- Review pull requests, and lead by example on code refactoring for readability, extensibility, and testability.
- Own your products, with a focus on DevOps and robust automation.
- Embrace change, always open to replacing what you built yesterday with something better today.
- Build cloud-native, streaming data, real-time processing, and a data lake platform that scales into the terabytes.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 2+ years of software development experience with background in bigdata ecosystems and event processing using kafka.
- Experienced Java and/or python developer with excellent software system design, problem solving, and object-oriented coding skills
- Experience developing in AWS or similar cloud platforms. Preferred: S3, ECS/Docker, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, EMR, CloudFormation.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases, Redis and Snowflake preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience using Looker and developing Look ML.
- Excellent SQL skills and proficiency in LookML
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins/Kumo.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features and review technical designs
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.