Sr. Analyst, Marketing/Product Analytics at Expedia Group
Launched in 2000, Hotwire is one of the earliest innovators in the online travel arena and part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Our roots are in California, and we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product & technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the newest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer-centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
Why Hotwire you ask? In short: We are eager and energetic. We love the journey as much as the destination. We love being part of the Expedia brands but stay true to ourselves!
Analytics at Hotwire:
We are significantly growing our Analytics Team, with multiple roles in Seattle and Gurgaon to enhance our partnership across the business. We have openings for 1 Senior Manager, Analytics and several Analytics Managers, and Senior Analysts.
You’ll be joining a growing team of hardworking and passionate analysts. You’ll get to work on a variety of projects within our squad model; giving you exposure to all facets of our fast-paced business, opportunity to present directly to the Hotwire leadership team and the chance to turbocharge your career.
We are seeking experienced analytics professionals to tell an impactful story using data and drive meaningful value across various parts of our business. You will be responsible for business monitoring, product and marketing optimization, testing efforts passionate about improving customer experience, and identifying and driving revenue growth. If you are intellectually curious, independent, highly analytical, and find problem solving exhilarating, this job is perfect for you!
What you’ll do:
- Working in multi field squads to deliver impactful analysis insights and solutions.
- Challenge business owners to think differently about how they digest and use information to make informed decisions.
- Build your expertise of business knowledge. You will actively look for revenue opportunities and build business cases for our business teams to act on.
- Keep up to date on developments in the industry to help drive Hotwire.com's innovation.
- Conduct analytic deep dives of critical business issues, crafting a data centric view of customer behavior to diagnose drivers for business impact and translate the analyses into impactful recommendations.
- Lead end to end cross functional project, influencing decision makers and partners.
- Represent analytics on various strategic projects to help drive meaningful insights.
Who you are:
- Strong analytical attitude and skills, specifically demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills, knowledge in R/Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with data visualization and reporting tools like Tableau/Looker and Excel, statistical tests.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to produce excellent technical documentation.
- Candidates must have that curious streak - want to investigate that data point, find that insight, understand how that works and find the route cause behind abnormal patterns in our data.
- 3 years minimum in a similar Analytics position.
- Bachelor’s in Business/Economics, mathematics, engineering or other quantitative field, Masters / MBA preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to prioritize multiple projects/workstreams.
- Superior analytic problem solver, with a focus on delivering meaningful recommendations.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.