Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, debuted in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
We are hiring a Senior Business Analyst in Bellevue, Washington to investigate, discover, and scale actionable insights that drive improvements across our food, home, and lifestyle products. The Senior Business Analyst will be an experienced analytics professional with proven track record in product analysis. They will use big data platforms and business intelligence tools to drive insights on product, customer and content. This senior business analyst will work closely with product, design, content, and marketing teams to develop insights that drive material improvements to benefit Discovery’s customers.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate for translating data into relevant, actionable insights that produce great experiences for customers. This person will drive data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, and obsess about customers. This senior analyst takes end-to-end ownership of their assigned work and consistently delivers actionable results in a fast-paced environment.
● Inform business and product teams by defining core business health metrics, identifying deviation from expected trends and communicating the insights with simple and clear messaging
● Analyze metrics that inform the success of products, content and customer and enable business leaders to monitor the heath of products.
● Use quantitative analysis and data mining to understand user interactions direct-to-consumer products, its content and features.
● Identify the opportunities most important for product adoption, customer retention, engagement, and partner with product managers to drive hypothesis-testing.
● Design experiments to drive product improvement with iterative innovation and measurement.
● Translate business requirements to inform engineers on tagging and collecting new data elements.
● Degree in analytical or engineering or relevant field
● 4 years of experience in analytics field with strong attention to detail and at least 2 years of experience in conducting experiment analysis and applying statistical methods to draw inference
● Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex data from multiple sources, and designing large scale experiments
● Strong ability to extract insights from large data and communicate the findings in clear, concise and actionable manner.
● Demonstrated success in building self-service and repeatable business intelligent solutions.
● Strong experience in analytical tools, languages (SQL, Python, R, PHP) and distributed computing (Hive, Hadoop, Spark)
● Ability to translate business questions into analytics deliverables
● Ability to meet multiple deadlines in fast-paced environment with attention to detail, prioritize work based on business needs and project requirements.
● Experience with Adobe Analytics, Tableau, MS Power BI is a plus.
● Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]