Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst II at Expedia Group
The online travel market is a $2 trillion industry that never stands still. Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is the primary provider of payment tools, systems, and support between Expedia, Inc. and its network of supply partners and consumers. We are the gatekeeper of money coming in and out of Expedia, Inc.
Why build your career at Expedia Global Payments (EGP)? We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Expedia Global Payments team is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst who brings intellectual curiosity with an analytical mindset and is passionate about delivering value to the business. This role will work with business stakeholders to understand reporting requirements for a wide variety of products, and will collaborate with solution architect and developers to drive requirements through to implementation.
The role will partner with the business to identify and drive value-add reporting, drive discussions on actionable management information, key scorecards & dashboards and what those should look like versus more in-depth insights through slice & dice functionality, etc., as well as support, influence and foster the culture of scalable self-service reporting & analytics solutions. The role will also seek to incorporate the latest 'best-in-class' front-end reporting tools and reporting practices.
The primary objective of the products you will own is to provide the business stakeholders with the insights they need for operational and strategic decision making, enabling them to manage and further improve EGP's performance and contribution to the financial objectives of the company.
What you’ll do
- Be a team player with excellent communication and relationship building skills working across both technical and business teams, from developers to senior executives, in other words speak both the language of the Business and of (BI) Technology.
- Have a passion for delivering creative solutions in a fast-paced agile development environment, with strong product management skills to guide deliverables from concept to delivery.
- Be able to drive discussions with the business to understand the information / reporting needs and the hierarchy thereof: disciplined and data-driven, able to partner with stakeholders to work through asks, conflicting priorities and ambiguity, creating clarity and focus for the team to deliver against.
- Understand how the business uses reports and how to translate that to a good design.
- Be customer-focused but disciplined enough to drive customers toward what makes sense for the business, quick to understand business processes and models, and what drives value creation in these models.
- Understand data models and their relation to reporting functionality.
- Be a self-starter, pro-actively searching for business reporting needs/opportunities and acting upon that.
- Have strong critical thinking skills; ability to see the "big picture" while also diving into the details where necessary.
- Have the technical skill to tie user requirements to source data and data relationships and communicate details to the development team for implementation.
- Act as the information liaison to the business, the first point of contact for data and reporting issues & needs. Develop a thorough understanding of business processes and how results are and should be quantified in order to measure the factors influencing performance, enabling the business to control and manage successful execution of their processes.
- Drive prioritization of output to ensure the most value-add product is delivered to the business. Ensure requirements of all users and stakeholders are understood and documented in such ways that (a) the business / stakeholders can check accurate interpretation of their requirements, and (b) the development team understands what they need to build.
- Assist data modelers and developers in identifying data sources, relationships and logic needed to produce reporting product(s).
- Create mock-ups of reporting products, scorecards, dashboards, etc. using source data to provide visualization to the end user.
- Review product functional specifications to identify missing, incomplete, or incorrect requirements and work with appropriate partners to resolve.
- Closely collaborate with the development team through the development cycle to ensure what is developed meets the desired business requirements.
- Coordinate user-acceptance testing prior to deployment to ensure product(s) meet user operational requirements.
- Validate reporting product(s) after deployment to ensure they meet all operational and business requirements.
- Provide training, support, and reporting product assistance to end customers as needed.
Who you are
- 5+ years' relevant experience (please refer to the section above on 'the ideal candidate').
- Superior problem-solving skills, self-motivation and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, combined with a strong business acumen and understanding of core AP/AR and payment processes.
- Experience with front-end reporting tools such as Tableau and Qliksense.
- Experience in analyzing and validating large volumes of data from different systems.
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies.
- Strong database query (TSQL) abilities.
- Advanced computer skills including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with data modeling and data warehousing a plus.
- Experience with Agile as well as waterfall methodologies a plus.
- BA/BS in related field.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.