Sr. Business Process Consultant, ITBM (Federal) at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The APM Practitioner will be responsible to develop, invest, and maintain thought leadership with deep subject matter expertise in their specialization for both process and technology in a client-consulting environment. They will be capable to deliver end to end solutions for customers addressing requirements for both process design and technical architecture.
What you get to do in this role:
- Design, build and deploy business outcome driven solutions focused on designing processes which solve customer problems, are repeatable, accelerate value and employ process best practices and standards
- Drives ITBM process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/to-be processes. Identifies solutions from a people, process and technology perspective during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders, generating the required outputs to the level required for the subsequent stages of the engagement
- Identifying areas of ITBM process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommending solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
- Managing and communicating ITBM process and business requirements ensuring that the proposed solutions meet the customer's expectations
- Provide guidance and deliver successful implementation of the to/be processes in partnership with other members of the project team
- Lead clients in their efforts to take advantage of the ServiceNow functional capabilities and in their efforts to improve their ITBM processes
- Completing, developing and improving required documentation such as process flow diagrams, roles/responsibilities, workshop agendas, presentations, gap analysis reports
- Ensuring process related deliverables to Customer Delivery and customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver valued outcomes
- Promoting continuous process improvement practices through process metrics/KPIs, dashboards and role accountabilities
- Invest and maintain expertise in ITBM product process capabilities, features and complimentary processes
- Collaborate and contribute to the creation, deployment and maintenance of process best practices and standards
- Active participant and contributor and thought leader in Communities of Excellence (in Community) that provides mentoring, implementation support, maturity maps and continual improvements
- Build Trust and Establish Thought Leadership through Publication Activities: Knowledge Articles, White Papers, Wiki, Community, Blogs, Templates, Capability Content, etc.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Global Delivery and Practice business processes as well as the maturing of the ITBM practice portfolio, capabilities, expertise and best practices.
- Provide feedback Loop into BU product teams for continual improvement of product process, OOB capabilities, features and interoperability in consideration of customer needs and requirements
- Achieve ITBM Practice and Individual KPI's and Metrics as defined
- Juggle multiple and complex projects and initiatives
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- An active security clearance at Top Secret / SCI Polygraph (Counter Intelligence)
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, Information Systems Management or equivalent technical / business qualification through experience
- Desired certifications that include:
- ServiceNow Administrator
- SCRUM, Agile, and/or Scaled Agile
- PMP, CAPM or Prince2 Certification
- 3+ years' experience with Big 4 (or similar) consulting firms in implementing ITBM PPM/APM programs at large customers; or leading PPM/APM programs at large customers. Including tools such as ServiceNow, Planview, Clarity, etc.
- Experience with enterprise software implementations for large organizations
- Ability to lead project workshops and gather the desired requirements for implementation success
- Ability to influence decision-making within customer leadership, at levels of CIO, CFO, VP Finance, IT Directors
- Ability to deliver technical guidance to all project stakeholders
- Ability to interact with and influence a wide range of employees, including senior management, and entry-level personnel across a wide number of ServiceNow departments
- Ability to drive deliverables and results, which involve people who do not directly report to you
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Domestic and International travel required up to 50%
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.