Sr. Data Engineer/Scientist at MediaAlpha
We are looking for a seasoned, result-driven, analytical and creative Data Engineer/Scientist to join our technology team. This individual should be an innovative problem solver, self-motivated and highly organized with prior experience building and deploying predictive models that can make real-time low-latency predictions.
As a Sr. Data Engineer/Scientist at MediaAlpha, you will take part in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. This includes working with stakeholders in defining the problems, identifying possible solutions, and implementing and iterating through solutions. You will get to run statistical analysis on large data sets, and prepare and deploy predictive models at scale. The ideal candidate will enjoy designing, problem solving and implementing production-ready solutions that process and analyze hundreds of thousands of ad transactions a day.
Own the full development lifecycle of implementing several high-performance real-time predictive engines that enable ad serving decisioning from data management to model training and evaluation to deployment and monitoring.
Develop robust and scalable code to analyze ad performance data for optimization.
Support and lead specific ad-hoc projects across our five product verticals.
Work within a Perl development environment on a Linux platform.
Be part of a team that maintains and supports our live MediaAlpha Exchange platform.
- Experience implementing statistical models, machine learning, and analysis (Prediction, Classification, Clustering, time series forecasting, regression models, etc.) using R or Python.
Working knowledge of relational data modeling and SQL.
- Strong programming skills including software engineering methodologies and best practices. Experience with Perl a plus.
- Experience with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS.
- Experience using web APIs.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Ability to articulate and communicate clearly, concisely, and thoughtfully.
- Ability to handle-multiple and simultaneous tasks while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and ability to problem solve, while paying careful attention to detail.
- Experience working with engineers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Be a champion of instilling excellence in coding and quality into the team and culture.
- B.S. required, preferably in a technical discipline (e.g., computer science).
- Highly competitive salary and bonus program participation.
- High quality health and dental care plans with no employee contributions and zero deductibles (in network). Flexible spending account.
- Unlimited PTO.
- 401K company contribution program (after one year).
- Professional training and education reimbursements.
- Generous employee perks (e.g., mobile phone program, gym membership).