We are very happy to announce that we have officially re-opened our Ballard HQ office for voluntary use at 50% capacity! It's excellent to be seeing people in person and have the buzz going again. In order to maintain safety, comfort and flexibility, we currently offer most employees the choice between 3 work locations: HQ-first, Hybrid or Remote; if there are specific location needs, the job description will indicate that below. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are eligible to work and are based in the US.
We look forward to having you apply to join our team of Knockstars!
Are you passionate about using data to drive change? Do you enjoy innovating and building cutting edge data products to enhance customer experience? Come join us in revolutionizing the proptech industry.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help build and maintain innovative solutions to enhance the experience of our customers. You will work as part of the product team, partnering with product managers and engineers to deliver timely, high quality data products to our customers.
We are the pioneers in proptech, a novel and rapidly growing area in the technology industry. Our team is rapidly growing to meet the demands of our ever expanding business. The Data Science Team is responsible for providing insights and building innovative AI products in partnership with Product and Engineering to create an effortless experience for our customers.
Who You Are
- Impact-oriented. You want to work on meaningful projects that lead to positive impact. You develop analysis and tools with people in mind.
- Independent, self-motivated, and curious. You have a knack for taking vague questions and crystallizing them into impactful projects. You love identifying and solving problems.
- Deliberate, mindful, team-player. You involve stakeholders early, emphasize consistent rigor and a high standard of ethics in your analyses, and document your work so it is both transparent and replicable.
Day to Day
- Partner with Product and Engineering to build innovative solutions to enhance our customers’ experiences and improve engagement and adoption in the industry.
- Algorithmic Development: Develop, test, deploy, and maintain automated product features that streamline workflows using algorithms like supervised machine learning (regression and classification), unsupervised machine learning, and recommender systems.
- Computational Linguistics and/or Natural Language Processing: Using an extensive corpus of text, email and voice communication data, identify opportunities for new products or features for our customers.
- Statistical Analysis: With your expertise in statistical modeling, work to build research support for training, policy, and product improvements to improve quality of service using techniques like Machine Learning, Regression, Time Series, Markov Chains, Monte Carlo Methods, and A/B testing.
- Communicate: Identify insights which may guide our business to make informed decisions to improvise customer experience as well as inspiring the ideas of newer innovative solutions.
- Stakeholder engagement: Be a strategic partner and work with stakeholders to connect insights to key decisions that affect the organization and the multi family space in general.
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency in Python or R.
- Proficiency with Natural Language Processing techniques
- Have either:
- a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field AND a minimum of 5 years professional experience in data science and machine learning OR a PhD or Masters degree or equivalent in a quantitative discipline of science (ie: computational linguistics, applied statistics, engineering, physics, computer science, economics or related field) AND 2-3 years of professional experience in data science and machine learning
- Professional experience working with engineering and product teams to develop and productionize machine learning models using large scale text data. Deep Learning (e.g. BERT), Regression, Classification, Recommender Systems, and Unsupervised Learning.
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS is a plus)
Why You'll Love It Here!
- You'll join a category-creating company that has enthusiastic customers, an ambitious roadmap, and industry leading products.
- You are comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box.
- Being part of a great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- You want an opportunity to win, drive change and be in an environment that will optimize for your success.
- You embrace our set of core values - determination, excellence, trust, and community.
- Flexible work options - choose to be a HQ, Hybrid or Remote employee with various benefits.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees. Partial family coverage optional.
- Flexible time off & paid holidays.
- Parental leave program.
- 401k with company match to help you save for the future.
- Learning & Development assistance.
- We like to do fun things together (Virtual for now!) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the efficiency and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer happiness at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm passionate about the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the incredible #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar demeanor with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in outstanding talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been especially fortunate to build an outstanding team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work (2021, 2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Midsize Places to Work (2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Places to Work (2020, 2021)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® (2021, 2022)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women (2021, 2022)
Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2021)
NAA Best Places to Work - Suppliers (2020)
Knock is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!
Please know that due to the nature of our business and housing potentially sensitive data, a background check is required to join Knock. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
Knock uses the E-Verify employment verification program.