Sr. Sourcing Analyst
This position is responsible for driving operational excellence within Global Procurement’s Sourcing Operations team. This position will be working with various stakeholders, such as business, legal and finance partners, across varied categories. Typical work will include: new procurements/contracts, extensions/renewals of the existing activities, procurement intake triage, promotion and education of the stakeholders on preferred supplier contracts/solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Driving a timely and accurate triage process of the procurement activities coming through the intake mechanism at the Expedia Group
- Act as a consultant to business on existing preferred provider relations, as well as path forward on acquiring the right good or a service at Expedia Group
- Provide category assistance, including stakeholder work on getting complete and accurate project information (i.e. specifications, timing, challenges, etc.)
- Continuous improvement of procurement processes
- Handle administrative processes and activity reporting as needed to support projects
- Contract creation/negotiation, including drafting and refining redline contract terms in collaboration with Legal and other departments
- Analyze and communicate ongoing opportunities to drive spend to varied category teams for more strategic solutions
- Support clients in management of suppliers as it relates to supplier performance, contract compliance, and any escalations/remediations
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- 3+ year of experience in Procurement, including contracting and process management/optimization
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or other relevant fields
- High level of competence in process management, including familiarity with LEAN/Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite
Proficient in “Customer Value Creation”
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Propensity to operate independently, while functioning as a team member
- Proficiency in exercising “soft power” at various org levels, including C-level executives
- Innovating and unconventional thinking (i.e. “outside the box”)
- Envision, plan and realize effective, customer valued programs
- Prioritize and redirect under pressure
- Navigate and adapt in an ambiguous environment
- Strong sense of personal accountability for evolution and success of the entrusted space
- “Systems” thinker
- Cultural awareness
- Effective communicator (i.e. message delivered through different methods, under various circumstances in a collaborative manner)
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.